Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Item Artist Needed

30 posts in this topic

Posted

Wow! Lot's of newbies voluntering! :D But, i'm not good at doing that kind of stuff... :embarrassed:

Posted

Here's my "pitch." It's vector art, and I may also do a "painterly" version of it.

[img]http://www.geocities.com/dtn_cybermail/media/items_vector.jpg[/img]

Posted

not bad, did you do that with photoshop? i'm only just starting to learn how to use it, so if i do make these items, i'll probably just draw them.....then scan them and figure out a way to shrink the size :embarrassed:
i don't know about the rest of you guys, but i've got Majora's Mask covered
hope you like colored pencil, Dustin. lol

Posted

dotun, that's really great! That's exactly the kind of stuff we are looking for! Great stuff!

Posted

[quote name='Egondraite' post='12448' date='Sep 21 2006, 12:29 AM']not bad, did you do that with photoshop? i'm only just starting to learn how to use it, so if i do make these items, i'll probably just draw them.....then scan them and figure out a way to shrink the size :embarrassed:
i don't know about the rest of you guys, but i've got Majora's Mask covered
hope you like colored pencil, Dustin. lol[/quote]

Thx. Illustrator, actually, not Photoshop. It will be nice to get a couple of people collaborating on it; but we still have to decide on a specific style to keep the results consistent.

Posted

hey, um, can anyone help me out here? i'm trying to upload an avatar and the same error keeps popping up.....it says i should talk to one of the site managers, so...... ayudame por favor

Posted

[quote name='dustin' post='12449' date='Sep 21 2006, 12:46 AM']dotun, that's really great! That's exactly the kind of stuff we are looking for! Great stuff![/quote]

Thx. Perhaps I won't bother doing a painted version then. For pictures that will be used as icons and the like, clean vector lines and flat, solid colors probably work best anyway.

Posted

well, until i get help with my [b]avatar problem[/b], i'll just keep talking
but, as far as overall style goes, since not all items look the same in every game, we should design items by the art style of each individual game, cause, like i said, i've got the entire Majora's Mask item list covered, but i'm not quite sure how many of each item is needed....how are these gonna be set up, anyway?

Posted

check the avatar is a jpeg file and the right size

i geuss i'll stop making the new ones i was in the middle of then...

Posted

Well, I'm an artist, but not really w/ comps. I'm barely starting to use Illustrator and Photoshop.
If you need anything else, however, I'll be glad to help, just ask, or send an e-mail to [email protected]

Posted

[img]http://www.heresmyimage.com/uploads/b5713f24d7.png[/img]

[img]http://www.heresmyimage.com/uploads/6f7d983c8b.png[/img]

Posted

ok, it's 88 x 90 pixels, it's a jpeg, and it's a little over 15 KB, this avatar should work...... :angry:
sigh.....oh well, i guess i should stop doggiepooing like a little baby for a while and be productive....
so, as far as the items are concerned, when you say jars, do you mean the ones you can break open or those little green jars filled will magic potion?

by the way, Ninjax, that sounds like a job i might wanna try out :D

Posted

I MAY be able to do some stuff, but not as small as that.

Posted

ok....now what were all the special purpose items for Majora's Mask?
let's see:
-Moon's Tear
-Town Land Title Deed
-Swamp Land Title
-Mountain Land Title Deed
-Ocean Land Title Deed
-Anju's Letter to Kafei
-Express Mail to Mama
-Pendant of Memories
-Room Key

yeah, that should be it...now how about bottlable items?
let's see:
-Red Potion
-Green Potion
-Blue Potion
-Spring Water
-Hot Spring Water
-Gold Dust
-Deku Princess
-Fragrant Mushroom
-Zora Egg
-Bottle Bug
-Milk
-Chateau Romani
-Poe
-Big Poe
-Fairy
-Fairy Spirit
-Sea Horse

if I forgot anything, please let me know.....anyone

oh, and one more thing- if you guys really need these...um...i'm not gonna be able to get a whole lot of them to you in the next week, cause i have to go to 2 different Homecomings and i'll be rather busy, :embarrassed: but i [i]will[/i] get them to you eventually, i promise, and you don't need to give me anything in return- this is pro-bono 100% of the way

Posted

doton your art is awesome!
I love your art's!! :joy: (of course I like you too duhh I mean see what you have done :o great art's! the art's you have on your website looking awesome too :D (some are even funny :P)
We should use the items now? :)