Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Another Character joins the Brawl!

29 posts in this topic

Posted

After being completely quiet about new characters for a while now, it seemed that all of the characters that were going to be revealed (possibly just the ones which are playable from the start), had been done so.

Not the case:
------
[img]http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/images/common/entry_banner.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/characters/images/pikmin/pikmin.jpg[/img]

New Challeneger Approaching
Captain Olimar and Pikmin

[quote name='smash bros.']Goodness! Captain Olimar joins the fray with five colors of Pikmin in tow! He plucks Pikmin from the ground and they fight as his allies.

Without Pikmin, Olimar can

Posted

Weird. Didnt see that coming.

Posted

I don't like Pikmin, so to me this is a waste of a character slot.

Posted

I dunno, Crusnik. "[i]I[/i] don't like Pikmin, so [i]this is[/i] a waste of a character slot."
It even sounds like an opinion that is spoken like a fact.
Perhaps he is, perhaps he isn't. HAL Labs always finds a way to make it work. Ice Climbers and Pok

Posted

He looks weird. I'll try him but still.. weird.

I never played pikmin btw.

Posted

[color="#FF0000"]Wow i'm kinda disapointed here I used to like pikmin but it got boring but my 21 year old cousin liked it when he was 18 or 19 but still it's a big shock to come by this. I think that they shoud have just went with the dude and not the pikmin as I said I played it but all they did was jump on the enemy and the dude's life went down. If I have to play as him to beat the game then I have no choice in the matter.[/color]

Posted

[color="#00bfff"]LP used to have captain Olimar as his avy! sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. ^_^ it'll be weird using him, but hopfully he'll be cooler than he looks.[/color]

Posted

he would've been stupid on his own and would've been nothing special at all, like pokemon trainer, but without any pokemon...

Posted

[quote name='ZuZu The Magic Cow' post='106810' date='Jan 9 2008, 05:15 AM']Weird. Didnt see that coming.[/quote]

nope i did'nt either :wacko: wow thats weird so yeah did'nt know they'd have that guy

Posted

[quote name='Spartan of Hylia' post='106947' date='Jan 9 2008, 04:32 PM']nope i did'nt either :wacko: wow thats weird so yeah did'nt know they'd have that guy[/quote]
Me either.
CO is going to be kinda happy cause he loves pikmin. :unsure:

Posted

Hopefully this means that they'll also bend to other popular requests such as Animal Crossing Villager or WW Link.
(And if not AC villager, then the closest thing I can think of the model that the Yellow Alloy is based on is one of those little blue guys from Meteos. Meteos rocks, so yeah.)

Just not Megaman. Please, God, not Megaman.
Sahaqiel

Posted

[quote name='Sahaqiel' post='106951' date='Jan 9 2008, 04:42 PM']Hopefully this means that they'll also bend to other popular requests such as Animal Crossing Villager or WW Link.
(And if not AC villager, then the closest thing I can think of the model that the Yellow Alloy is based on is one of those little blue guys from Meteos. Meteos rocks, so yeah.)

Just not Megaman. Please, God, not Megaman.
Sahaqiel[/quote]
A few(maybe a lot) of people are hoping that Young Link will be in there.
It may happen...
though...
The dojo may not mention it. :unsure:

Posted

But if

Posted

yeah, but captain Olimar with the pikmin is a fighter in the game, he has to battle his way though hordes of small snimals with his army of pikmin.

An animal crossing character would have no background of fighting at all and would be pointless to have as a character really...

Posted

Interesting... I'll be curious to see how he plays.

As for another character, I think it would be kinda neat to include Miis in brawl. Just the mii you create with some generic moves... I dunno. Maybe it would be stupid. But I'd sure like to have some epic battles between Miis I've created. Like... Chuck Norris vs Gary Coleman. lol.