Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

News Writer Needed - They have been chosen

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay guys, once again I'm looking for a news writer to write and/or submit news. Our current staff is slacking off badly in this area. Do you have what it takes? You need to be a regular on the forum and have a decent forum post count. You also need to love Zelda. I am looking for someone who can write well and post news updates and Zelda stuff they find often. By write well, I mean that you are able to spell properly, use grammar, correctly, and sound educated. If you can do this, please reply to this. We need more news updates badly!

UPDATE: We have picked three so far. We will likely pick more in the nearish future so don't give up hope. There's still plenty of other stuff to do on the site!

Posted

I am quite willing to do it. I google Wii and Zelda news on a daily basis, am currently taking English Writing 310 at American River College (Honors Essay Writing, the highest class they offer I believe), have Microsoft Word for spellchecking anything I don't know beyond that, and have Hyrule.net set as my homepage, so I check it out every day. I do not have a high forum count, but that is mostly because I have not found anything to get me involved here yet. My E-mail is [email protected]. Feel free to send me a message if you think I am qualified.

Posted

I can do it. . .

Posted

I'll try... I think you already know my e-mail account, Since you PM me a lot, if not, E-mail me at [email protected].

Posted

I believe I can do it, but anyone should be able to find news, right? All you need to do is check Google News (or Nintendo Power :P ), right? As for grammar, if you check most of my posts, all of it is correct. I take great pride in that. :D As for posts........check the top posters! I love Zelda......best game series......ever....in the history......of mankind. I love this site, every time I go on the Internet (which is pretty much every day unless my brother won't let me on because he's playing Runescape or I have too much homework.... <_< ), I check the news (Go.hyrule.net is my homepage) then I go to the forums.

Posted

I can do it. I web design for the past 4 years based on "gaming" My host shut down and I quit the designing life. I can web design, sql, php, c++. And a "okay" guy in drawing/photoshop/Gfx. I can definity grab gaming news. Since I have been doing it for a long ime

Posted

I would say I can, but I don't think I'd sound "educated" enough to pass. =P
Also I'm only in grade 8, so I don't know alot of mechanics...

Posted

I can but my post count isn't very high.

Posted

[quote name='Ahmet' post='12941' date='Sep 29 2006, 06:40 PM']I would say I can, but I don't think I'd sound "educated" enough to pass. =P
Also I'm only in grade 8, so I don't know alot of mechanics...[/quote]
So I'm in 7th.

Posted

My vote is for leonchan for his fast typing and types correctly(as I saw in chat :P ) and the Eternal Legend, because he seems to have a lot of experience, and is always looking for anything new on a daily basis... as for me, I am pretty bad with submitting news, and my average typing is 41 words per minute... so I'm out... :( For now, I'm in a computer class to get better at this... :)

Posted

I will gladly help hyrule.net with everything just to make this Website better. :D So I could help too. It will be my Honor. :D

-----------

My email is [email protected]

Posted

The Following is something EVERYONE Should do instead of Crying in a Situation Like this: *Huge Croud Applause* YAY, LEOCAN!!!!! (Did I spell it right? :blink: ) C'mon, people, let's cheer for him!!! So what if some of ya didn't get it, let's still cheer for him!!!! WOOT!!!!! VOTE 4 TOILET GUY!!!!! :D

Posted

I would love to do it but I'm afraid that I wouldnt do as good a job as someone else so i vote for that dude in college or the ganon333 member. (very sorry for getting the names wrong but I cant see them at the moment :D

Maybe later I could help out more but for now I'll just stick to the forums.

oh btw, som member named MysticLink I think has this awsome avatar of navi and others alike and I just thought it was really cool :P

Posted

slacking off?!?!
there's no zelda related news at the moment, sure if i was working at nintnedo i'd be able to provide a bit more, but im not and i doubt anybody else here is!!!!!