Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Game Designing

67 posts in this topic

Posted

ok, we have our suspect for the kira case. :unsure:

that aside, if you guys really ever need help. . .

i can help.

Posted

huh...na, anon, sin, and i are going to create a game company after our college days...Name TBA

and i decide who is the suspect for the kira case.....Yagami Raito is the prime

Posted

One question to Dark One and FF: Do you know how to make a game? I'd start with that, then compose ideas. No offense, but these ideas may get a bit far-fetched. Game making isn't as easy as you may ercieve it to be. (I wouldn't know of course, but my dad would. He used to work for Maxis, and then started a small gaming company. Didn't go too fabulously though, sadly, but he made some decent gamesand he helped with a game for the Game Boy Color.)

---

I don't mean to make that sound too harsh. I'm the same way. :embarrassed: *has spent many happy years of thinking of new games, with storylines and controls and all, and written some down in notebooks, and may post some sometime*

Posted

I know Arlord. Right now, I'm just trying to keep them from getting sued when they start. :embarrassed: Guys, I'm gonna say this now or else I'll go back to arguing with myself to not say it: Try to team up with a big comp. first. Then, you can get big. Like, if you were to team up with Nintendo you could use....Sheik in a game. Or you could use a controller design similar to Nintendo's. Plus, you'd be advertised with Nintendo. Do ya get me?

Posted

I get it.

Me and CO were thinking the same thing. :mellow:

Posted

that's kinda what we were thinking.... :unsure: only a wee bit different, okay....QUIT NAGGING ON US! WE KNOW ALL THAT STUFF AND WE'RE SLOWLY WORKING IT OUT!! BUT WE SHOULD BE DOING IT VIA PM AND NOT NOT TOGETHER!!!

not not together xD anybody is welcome to help, holy cow.....sigh...

Posted

Do you have a plot/story yet? I'm very good at writing good stories that are very long. When I get around to it, that is. I am actually (trying) to write a book right now (damn laziness).

Posted

yep, im working on that stuff in the big vacations Spring break, summer vacation, etc'

it'll be finished before winter 2009 gauranteed :biggrin: long time butt we don't start producing untill after collage xD so it's not that long a wait compared to that.

Posted

Any programming experience, at all? Making a game isn't just graphics and ideas, there is helluva lot of technical stuff that goes into it.

Ever looked at the DirectX API? Very complicated, even trying to make a simple object appear on screen is a challenge.

There is waay more to making a game than you think. And not just whats been mentioned. Unless you do programming your screwed.

Posted

I've gone to programming camps. I've still got stuff to learn. This is after college, though.

Posted

(like microsoft has Halo and nintendo has Zelda)

I believe a more accurate statement would be "like microsoft has Halo and nintendo has Mario)

mario is acually the trademark of nintendo, not link...

Posted

well halo isn't really the trademark of microsoft as such though, so using link or mario is equally as fine.

and aatch is right, that's why you need a fair bit of money to hire help to make a game or be willing to have to work on it for over 10 years with just you and a couple of other people...

Teams that make games at the moment vary between about 20-50 people and that's just the core workers on the game, not including music composers, voice actors etc. etc.

Posted

Wow, thats a cool idea you two have. You should copyright the name of it before someone else does :unsure:

Posted

sigh....this is gonna provoke me into posting a rant.....

We know ALL of that stuff!!!! We just need characters and the main idea and all that, im sure we'll have more than a couple people to help after college =P

And i already decided to study computer programming and stuff in college ANYWAY.

Posted (edited)

yar, good luck. programming takes patience. i too, am making a game. i'm keeping the details to meself though.

Edited by Mr. PokeFan (see edit history)