Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirty Wii may impede Brawl play

12 posts in this topic

Posted

We envy people living in Japan, which is the first country where Wii owners can buy [i]Super Smash Bros. Brawl[/i].

But not everything is as wonderful as it should be in the land of the rising sun. Instead of getting to experience the joy of brawling, some people are experiencing disc read errors for the game.

------

Oddly enough, it appears that dust and tobacco are to blame.

Apparently, the grime is building up on some Wii laser units, rendering the game unplayable. The reason the issue hasn

Posted

Good cause I live in a really dusty house, but hopefully my wii is realivly dust free! :embarrassed:

Posted

Well, my mum cleans, and I don't smoke... inside the house.
=D

Posted

[quote name='FLIP' post='118301' date='Feb 6 2008, 04:06 AM']Well, my mum cleans, and I don't smoke... inside the house.
=D[/quote]

me neither^^, hopefully mine will be fine=)

Posted

doesnt that also mean, that the disc is more prone to scratches? no idea..

Posted

no, it's just as sensitive as any other disk, no more no less, but because the lens has to read through two layers of data, it has a harder job to do obviously made harder if it's a bit mucky.

Posted

[color="#00bfff"]:ohmygod: NOOO!!!!

the area where my wii is is VERY dusty!!!!

I guess i should start using canned air to keep my wii dust-free xD if i get Brawl and can't play it i will be PO'ed beond belief......[/color]

Posted

[color="#FF8C00"]uh-oh. hope my wii isn't dirty. . . hopefully.[/color]

Posted

AH dang it

Posted

Luckily, my Wii is as clean as a G-rated movie. No smokers in my house, either,

though I do believe the people who previously owned the house smoked... :unsure: Just to be safe, I'm completely enclosing it in a steel cube. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to get to it, but I guess I'll just have to take the risk.

Posted

Oh crap. My house is filled with dust (it's whyI hate it-I'm allergic!) no matter how much we clean it. It's also filled with dog hair. My mother will vaccuum the hardwood floor and literally about three minutes later, it will look worse than before she vaccuumed! The dogs like to play with each other (i.e. playfight) and they shed all year! :wacko:
I think my Wii needs a desparate clean. :wii:

Posted

Oh noez! lol