Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Users who post coloured text posts

81 posts in this topic

Posted

I have discussed with some of the other staff the issue of coloured posting. Many users of this forum write entire posts in colours, which are very visually distracting and annoying - not to mention hard to read and users either have to squint or highlight the text to be able to read it. Particularly annoying for us moderators who have to read a post to see if there's any rules being broken. Some colours are not quite as harsh as others, but they are all harder to read than the standard grey text we all have as default.

We've come to the decision that entirely coloured posts should stop. You may still use colours to highlight or emphasize certain words within your post, but posts entirely in colour(s) will receive +'s to your warning level. The same goes for fonts.

Posted (edited)

So, your saying that we can't describe our feelings using colored text? Or either that, that we have to just stop colored text completly???

Edited by Link Player (see edit history)

Posted

Oh thank God.

People colouring their posts with lurid and illegible annoyed me to no end.

I had no problem with fonts though.

Posted

annoying fully colored posts did get really hard to read

Posted

B-B-B-

Yellow is my thing! I can't just stop it altogether! You can't tell me this is hard to read. Unless you were blind, and then you wouldn't be a member on this site.

Posted

As I said, some colours arnt so hard to read, but the fact remains that grey is plain and easy on the eyes.

LP: As i said before, you can still use it to highlight certain words so you dont have to stop completely.

Crusnik:

If we banned colours and not fonts, people would have most likely just switched to fonts, which again, like the colours, some are very difficult to read and are visually straining.

Frecklefart:

look at it from our point of view:

it is too difficult to police which colours are acceptable and which arnt - besides, if we allowed (for example) yellow everyone would be like 'but what about green?' and then if we allowed green, everyone would be like 'but what about purple?' etc. etc. and it would continue until there was no point of even having this rule in the first place.

Metaphorically speaking, Its better to make the rule plain simple black and white than have shades of grey.

Signature's are still allowed to be whatever colour or font you want.

Posted

you can just mark the text and it will be readable. I think this rule is stupid tbh.

Posted

ah, yes, but that takes time.

Also, link player, you can still describe your feeling with colours, just highlight a small part with a particular colour or use a emoticon. However it that case you must be a very boring person and don't change your feelings much though because you used the same colour for all of your text before...

annoying huh? you gotta highlight it to read it, which is really frustrating when you have to do it with half of people's posts

Posted

Well, it is rather annoying to have to highlight posts which have dark coloring, like that green that GL used.

I don't mind the light colors, like CG's and FF's, but I guess if it's a rule, might as well obey.

I use a light green, bolded font on Chat. is that okay?

Posted

no more orangey for me then...

Posted

no more orangey for me then...

even MR.Triforce had that color already so xD

But he needs to stop too now....

Posted

Aw, man...It's gonna be hard for me to stop. I trained myself to do it automatically, I mean, I try to do in my E-mails then realize I can't! I'm not even gonna recognize my post...*sigh*

EDIT: See! I had to edit out the color and font!

Posted

Aw, man...It's gonna be hard for me to stop. I trained myself to do it automatically, I mean, I try to do in my E-mails then realize I can't! I'm not even gonna recognize my post...*sigh*

*ahem* Uh.. CG? *points at text* Lol :embarrassed:

EDIT: I see, you've changed it. ^_^ Nvm then.

Posted

*ahem* Uh.. CG? *points at text* Lol :embarrassed:

Yeah, I edited it when I saw it....

EDIT: Wait, can we still use it in PMs?

Posted

Well, it is rather annoying to have to highlight posts which have dark coloring, like that green that GL used.

I don't mind the light colors, like CG's and FF's, but I guess if it's a rule, might as well obey.

I use a light green, bolded font on Chat. is that okay?

if someone has a problem on the chat, they'll normally say, so it's a free for all in there for what you want to use.

@Cat Girl

I geuss it depends who the PM is too, if it's just witty banter between members, sure, but if it's an important message to a mod for example of to someone you don't really know, it would be better to stay without.