Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CONFIRMED: GameStop taking pre-orders this Friday the 13th

20 posts in this topic

Posted

[url="http://hyrule.net/external.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thewiire.com%2Fnews%2F513%2F1%2FGameStop_Wii_Preorders_Begin_Oct_13"]http://www.thewiire.com/news/513/1/GameSto...rs_Begin_Oct_13[/url]

[i]Retailer GameStop confirmed to The Wiire today that Wii pre-orders for North America will begin Friday, October 13.

While Wii games have been available for pre-order for a few weeks now, Friday will mark the first time GameStop has opened up pre-orders on the hardware. In order to make a pre-order, gamers will need to go to a local GameStop or EB Games and ask to put down a set amount of money (between $25 and $50) on a Wii. The money placed on a pre-order goes towards the final price of the product[/i]

UPDATE: This has been confirmed by an official announcement by GameStop!

Posted

*paces* Knowing nintendo, they'll probably change their minds and make it another day!

Oh, and this doesn't belong here, it belongs in the news!

Posted

Ah not for the Europe. :( Thats not fair. <_< But I hope they will keep there promise about Europe lunch time. :mellow: Not like Playstation 3 did. <_< I have to wait for her untile March 2007. Cant wait for her too. I am looking more forward too Wii now. :D

Posted

I heard that one of our two Gamestops here will only have 40 Wii's to pre-order. Fourty! This is a college town with like 20,000 college students alone! That's not enough!!! :( I will have to camp out maybe.

Posted

Yay! I'm in the front page! :D
*celebrates his 15 minutes of fame*

Oh, and I didn't put it here to begin with because I just kind of had the idea that the News Board was for more experienced members. :embarrassed:

Posted

I'm pretty sure its true, if so then I'm going to gamestop friday.

Posted

[quote name='Two-One-Zero' post='14110' date='Oct 11 2006, 05:09 PM']I'm pretty sure its true, if so then I'm going to gamestop friday.[/quote]
i hope its truth :D

Posted

i actully convinced my sister to camp out with me cause my dad wont let me alone to preorder sigh im to deticated

Posted

I bet if I were to go to EG games on friday, I wouldn't get one... I need that free Wii! *sulks* *shifty eyes* mayeb I can get my dad to go there...

Posted

I'm going right after school. Hopefully, I'll be able to reserve one. I pray.

Posted

[quote name='Chroenix' post='14165' date='Oct 12 2006, 10:15 AM']I'm going right after school. Hopefully, I'll be able to reserve one. I pray.[/quote]
most rediculous crap ever, my gamestop will only be taking 18 preorders, meaning ill have to be there at like 7 AM or earlier to make sure I get one.

Posted

Yup, I just came from gamestop. Tomorrow I'm reserving it for sure.

Posted

I don't really care about the Wii right now, I just want TwiPri.

By the way, if anyone pre-ordered the GC version, how long ago was it? :huh: I went to Gamestop in May 05 to seal the deal right off, of course, I didn't know that Nintendo was going to screw me out of it until Winter the next year... <_<

It's funny, I kept the pre-order receipt and I still have it in my wallet. :embarrassed:

Posted

The reciept didn't fade? :blink: My SSBM reciept faded in a month! :embarrassed:

I might as well buy the Wii version, since I plan on getting the Wii... :P

Posted

Waaaaahh!

I'm stuck in school! I can't get my pre-order in!

*cries* Curse, Education Board!

*rips off his shirt in a hispanic soap opera fashion, while yelling into the air, as rain falls........in black and white.* ;)