Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Midna Project

14 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

(This is but a small part of what I hope The Midna Project to be.)

I just finished playing Twilight Princess and found the ending quite depressing. (Untill Twilight Princess, I never would have thought it possible for a game to make me cry). I've worked up different ending to the game that doesn't include editing out any of the original plot. I just need to add stuf in.

What I Have: Most of the Twilight Princess Charecter Files in .3ds format.

The plot

What I Need:

The level file for the place where the Mirror resides.

Sound files

A link to a site showing how to rip the 3d and other files directly from the Cube disk.

Moral support, Constructive Critisim, Help and Input are also aprecieted. Thank you.

A .3ds Animation Studio would really be apreciated.

Edited by The Midna Project (see edit history)

Posted

Thanks for the music. It's awsome

Facepunch is where I got the Charecter files from TP.

the files were pretty great, but unfortunetly they're in .3ds format, Which I can't use because I don't have a .3ds animator.

While I have the Charecter Files, I need the world files as well.

Facepunch's Guide to ripping the files directly from the 'cube is off web for some reason.

Custom1.jpg

That's about as good as the images get in my editor. I can't change the facial expressions or anything.

Posted

nice! I look forward to more on this :D

Posted

Custom1.jpg

Whoa, that's pretty darn good! :o

I'm sorry that I can't really help, because I'm not used to this stuff, but if you are able to get everything you need and end up making the Project, then I can't wait! :)

Posted (edited)

Whoa, that's pretty darn good! :o

I'm sorry that I can't really help, because I'm not used to this stuff, but if you are able to get everything you need and end up making the Project, then I can't wait! :)

You can help. You don't need to be a computer expert or a CGI artist for most of the stuff I'm going to do with this project. (I probably should've labled this The Midna Project: Phase 1)

I plan on doing much more than just creating a new ending for TP. One of things I've always wanted to do was capture The Legend of Zelda in every medium possible; Art, Sketches, clay, poems, movies, Legos, and just about anything.

You can help by posting any really odd Zelda Art here, or PMing me with it.

(Nice Sig)

Posted

Any one good with music would be more than wlecome as well.

:grinninglink: Good News: I figured out what program I need to use to animate the 3ds files. It's a program called 3ds MAX 9.

:ouch: Bad News: It cost around $3,459. ->OucH<-

:grinninglink: Good News: I can get a free version

:ouch: Bad News: It only lasts for Thirty days (I'd need about that much time just to begin learning about all the stuff the program can let me do.)

:cry: Worse News: None of that matters because my computer can't do graphics worth crud. (Ever see Tron? My computer makes the graphics in that ancient CG flick look like Piixar''s latest film.:banghead:)

:triforce: Best News: My dads going to try and buy me a new computer ((Yay!) Ihope It's a MAC)

Posted

Sounds cool

I can't wait to see all of your finished work

Posted

Whenever I watched the end credits, I cried my heart out. Literally. I just bawled for about an hour. =(

Posted (edited)

I understand the feeling. Before Twilight Princess, I thought the idea ludacris that anyone would cry over a video game.

Twilight Princess nearly made me cry. (Even now, just listening to the ending brings tears to my eyes.

(P.S. WOOT! I think I found a program to let me do the animation. That just leaves the actual animating.)

Posted

I understand the feeling. Before Twilight Princess, I thought the idea ludacris that anyone would cry over a video game.

Twilight Princess nearly made me cry. (Even now, just listening to the ending brings tears to my eyes.

Twilight Princess's ending didn't make me cry, but I do agree that the ending is sad. When I first saw the ending, I was depressed for the rest of the day.

Link is relieved that Midna is alive and in her true form again-then she goes back home, and destroys the only known connection to her world, meaning that Link will likely never see her again. It's not surprising that an ending like that would make some players cry.

Posted

I'm going to try setting up a system simaler to a clan here:

In order to pull of The Midna Project, I'm going to need alot of help.

I'm going to set up a series of six cells, one for each of the aspects needed to pull off The Midna Projetc (known from here on out as T.M.P.)

I'm going to need some good with:

Art -(flat, Static images)

Computer Generated Graphics- (kind of like what Hollywood uses in movies)

Computers in general -(getting various apps of the net, writing/reading various Languages, hacking (in the original

sense of the word, not the vandilised common meanig of illegally breaking into other's computers, I don't approve of that,

I mean hacking as in playing around with bits of computer code)

Modeling-(using clays, wood, but it needs to be actual physical modeling, perferably good at painting the models, too)

Animation ( Animation of any kind, carttons, frame-by-frame animations, whether it's just compiling the animations or making

them yourself; flash animation, A kinf od animation often related to the web, flash animation doesn't require frame-by-

frame animating, you create a static image and use a computer program to tell the image how to move, it's easier an

harder that Frame-byframe animation all at the same time)

Writing- ( anything from writing scripts to writing short stroys to writing dialogue)

Contact me through Hyrule.net or at [email protected] to applay for any of the above jobs. Please send a description of yourself and a submison of your work.

Posted (edited)

Oh, this sounds cool. I wish you luck. Modeling is hard in 3dsm. Your lucky u already have the characters. The mirror room isn't as hard to make as the characters are. I've had 3dsm for a few years and never leaned a thing about it. It's just sat on my computer. It's gone now but I can download it again if need be. Good luck with this project and tell me if there is a way that I can help. Please note though that I don't have much time to work on it as I'm currently doing some stuff for Dustin.

Oh, a good way that I could help is the rendering process. In case you don't know, rendering takes time and CPU power and I just happen to have a great cpu in my new system. :D

Edited by arcticfire (see edit history)

Posted

Oh, a good way that I could help is the rendering process. In case you don't know, rendering takes time and CPU power and I just happen to have a great cpu in my new system.

That's awsome. You probably just saved my sanity, if not my life. My computers biggest problem is the cpu(I'm running on a ceron of all things). It takes about 30 seconds for a single frame to be rendered, let alone 22 frames per second.

As soon as I get an animation built up, I'll send it to you. Just let me know if there's every anything you ever need.

:n_n: Good News: I got the Zelda files to import to Maya! This means I can start rendering the animations

:squint: Bad News: When I render the animation, all the Zelda charecters come out as a silloutte. This is probably due to me using a demo version of MAYA, so I should be able to fix it as soon as I find a better ,freeer animation studio.

(P.S. check out what I found online:

real_mastersword.jpg)