I feel like an idiot

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay, there is this girl that I like that is in tennis with me and my best friend. On Thursday she sent me a text message asking me if my best friend likes her. I'm an honest guy, and I really like her buy I had no idea. I told her that if I found anything out I would tell her. Here is where the problem arises. He doesn't like her, and because I can't break a promise, I told her. I really didn't want to because I didn't want to hurt her, but allowing her hope to grow even more while knowing that it would never be fulfilled seemed even worse. So now she's crying, he doesn't care, and I feel terrible because it's all my fault. What could I do to make the situation any better?

Posted

its not your fault

she asked you to tell her so she is responsible

but try and comfort her

Posted

... Wow... Never happened to me before, but try and talk to her, she may change her mind about your fien- Uhh, I mean, friend, and start to like yah. Oh yes, Connor, I AHVE A SECRET AND YEH SHALT NEVAH KNOW EET!!!

Posted

listen to them, im no help here =P

Posted

Oh yes, Connor, I AHVE A SECRET AND YEH SHALT NEVAH KNOW EET!!!

What was that all about?

Anyway, I talked to her and comforted her quite a bit. We (she) came to the conclusion that my friend likes his lifestyle and doesn't want to change anything for risk of messing it up. The alternative was that he just doesn't want to grow up. Everything is good for now, but the really interesting stuff will happen when we go back to school on Monday.