Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ocarina of time Tops IGN List

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of time has topped IGN's top 100 games of all time as chosen by readers, showing that it still stands firm in many people minds that it is the best game currently created. Could this be toppled however by twilight princess when it finally comes out at the end of this year? It reamins to be seen.

IGN themselves had actually placed ocarina of time as the 2nd best game of all time, behind the original super mario bros. although this seems to have been greatly overthrown because in the readers top 100, super mairo bros. is a low 82nd. Link to the past was also rated highly at 5th.

top 10:
[url="http://hyrule.net/external.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftop100.ign.com%2F2006%2F001-010.html"]http://top100.ign.com/2006/001-010.html[/url]
------

other zelda-related games on the list include:
Wind waker: 26th
Super smash bros. Melee: 28th
Link's Awakening: 40th
Majoras mask: 42nd
Legend of Zelda (original): 56th
Oracle of ages: 70th
Minish cap: 73rd
Oracle of Seasons: 75th
Soul Caliber 2: 90th (link was one of the playable characters :rolleyes: )

Posted

I'm supriesed that not one game has yet surpassed Oot... :)

Posted

i really think OOT is the best game out there right now ROCK ON!!!!!

Posted

Woah, top, out of 100. I know Zelda is popular, but I thought only among the comparitively few Nintendo users. Since Sony Playstation users don't get Zelda games, they stick to the Tekken and GTA games, which i thought would be higher. In light of this, LoZ: Twilight Princess has alot or pressure to try and beat OoT, apparently the best game out there, I just hope Nintendo can live up the expectations

Posted

HAH! Nothing (except for maybe TP) can compete with OoT!

Posted

even though this has nothing to do with the topic i just made up a little zelda fan story (still in the making though) its called the legend of Zelda: the fourth triforce? ever wondered why there is that little space in the middle of the triforce? well its beacuse it is the place of the fourth triforce, the triforce of unity created by the goddess of unity Sal. Sal of course is the reason why there is unity, peace and harmony in all the lands wether its hyrule, termina or someplace else. but one day she disappeared and and no one ever heard of her again this is why she was never was mentioned in the tales because as time grew on people started to forget about her and eventually evill arose and destroyed all the peace, harmony , and unity that Sal created. but now thousands of years later after the disappearence of Sal, Link and Zelda bore twins one boy and one girl (cant think of names yet can anybody give suggestions) one day as the heir and heiress to the hyrule throne were running around the castle they stumbled across a hidden chamber older than the sacred realm itself it turns out it is the lost chamber of Sal. they start to see a bright glowing triangle but just as they reach for it a figure lurking in the shadows grabs it but it then shatters into eight pieces scattering ALL across hyrule now the heir and the heiress to the legendary hyrule throne must re awaken their fathers legendary sword and uncover the truth about the disappearence of sal and take on a journey that will realise their destinies........

so what do you guys think so far im still in the making so i need ALOT of comments and suggestions but seriously guys please dont paste it some where else and call it your own i worked so hard on it and dont want other people to get credit for something they didnt do

Posted

NEW ZELDA INFO!!!! MINOR SPOILERS ON WEAPONS/ITEMS

[url="http://hyrule.net/external.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.nintendo.com%2Fnintendo%2Fboard%2Fmessage%3Fboard.id%3Dzelda%26amp%3Bmessage.id%3D2138403"]http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/...sage.id=2138403[/url]

the whole article:

A Legend at Launch
By George Sinfield

The unprecedented size and quality of the wii launch lineup will be capped with the most anticipated release in recent memory. On November 19th the wait will finally be over for the Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess. it is epic, beautiful and full of surprises. not the least of which is the way that wii remote adds to the adventure

Posted

goldentrifroce sword, start a seperate topic in open floor for that, plus by the way, i hate to ruin it, but tri=three, ergo three parts of the triforce, 3 triangles, which leaves a hole in the centre which makes it look cool. Plus I reckon the hole is the gate itself into the sacred realm.

Nice info there wiiwillwin if it's true, although the only particualrly new stuff is the spiderman hookshots, the renaming of Toaru (was probabbly going to be renamed because Toaru translates to unamed) and the odd geary walking things..

Posted

[quote name='gingerlink' post='14767' date='Oct 21 2006, 05:40 AM']goldentrifroce sword, start a seperate topic in open floor for that, plus by the way, i hate to ruin it, but tri=three, ergo three parts of the triforce, 3 triangles, which leaves a hole in the centre which makes it look cool. Plus I reckon the hole is the gate itself into the sacred realm.

Nice info there wiiwillwin if it's true, although the only particualrly new stuff is the spiderman hookshots, the renaming of Toaru (was probabbly going to be renamed because Toaru translates to unamed) and the odd geary walking things..[/quote]

yea i know about that, thats why im still in the making of it

Posted

Yes, OoT tops the charts. :P When was this list made? Because I have to see if it was made before that Okami game which some people said was stealing Zelda fans. And how was OoS rated below OoA???? I had a lot more fun playing Seasons.....

Posted

^___^ that's cool, OoT has always been my favorite, but I didn't think it would still be high on the charts.....I hope it stays up there. Oh and if the info is true, wiiwillwin, this game is going to rock even more. I can hardly wait. *is excited* It's almost November ^^

Posted

Im not surprised. Because he is one of the best game ever made to me. :D

Posted

I don't think Okami was in the list as its only been released recently although the list is very recent as well, okami wouldn't have had enough votes.

Posted

glad to see it placed so highly, i've seen it placed in the top 5 of other '100 games lists of all time' but to hold the #1 spot is quite a feat.

Posted

Wow, Wind Waker only at 26! That game was my introduction to the game cube remote, which I thought was terribly well designed! Oh well, listing only speak for the majority. I consider new and inovative gameplay more important then graphics and what not. Wow, also, the original GTA didn't make it in to the list! Same with ArmouredCore! Like I said majority vote.