Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nintendo Channel launches in North America

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Those in North America better check if their Wii is glowing blue, because Nintendo just released the Nintendo Channel for download from the Wii Shop Channel today.

------

"The Nintendo Channel allows you to search and review the latest product informaion on software titles for both Wii and Nintendo DS," the message sent to Wii consoles over WiiConnect24 says. "Additional features allow you to download demos of DS software to your Nintendo DS, and a polling feature will tabulate user opinions, making it easier to search for games that are best suited for you."

The Nintendo Channel requires a Wii System Update, but is not needed if already performed after March 30, 2008. The Nintendo Channel requires 122 blocks of Wii's memory and is free for both download and gifting.

The Nintendo Channel first released in Japan on November 27, 2007. Its first intended North American launch date was May 9, 2008 to coincide with the WiiWare release, but was pushed two days forward. It will be available in Europe May 30, 2008. No word for release in Australia.

Posted

Already did it, they say that you can download DS demos, when I wanna try Professor Layton and the curious village, that looks good.

Posted

Hey nice for NTSC wii's :)

I maybe can let is useable on PAL wii's :) I only need the channel... so... someone can copy it to SD card and place it here?
I should be thankfully! For Homebrew scene too!

I would credit your name ;)

Adr

Posted

I was looking forward to the DS download station part, so I played the Flash Focus demo then tried my hand at Cooking Mama. Apparently, I'm very good- even better than Mama!

Posted

OMG!!! I JUST GOT DONE PLAYING NINJA GAIDEN!!! THISMORNING!! :ohmygod:

This channel is so cool i watched videos for an hour!!! :ohmygod:
And then played DS Games! and im really stupid!! i couldn't get a single word in Brain Age Aacademy 2!! OMG!!

Posted

It would be even better if there were some trailers for the supposedly upcoming Zelda game :sadlink:

Posted

Nintendo reserves their [i]Zelda[/i] announcements for high profile events like E3 and Tokyo Game Show.