Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Tips on Defeating Tabuu.

18 posts in this topic

Posted

'Kay, I did EVERYTHING you said, but now I need tips defeating Tabuu. And Don't tell me to use the character's I'm best with, 'cause he still owns me. Telling me EXACTLY how to dodge the things like in This video would be G8. Thanks.

TML

Posted

When Tabuu spreads his wings, hold the shield button and press down on the control pad to make your character dodge. Do this just before one of the red waves reaches youand you'll be fine. Also, use midair dodges to get past his other attacks if need be.

Posted

The roll is a bit easier than the down dodge. It lasts a little longer.

Use your shield and dodge. That's the only thing I can say.

Besides try to actually dodge his moves...

Sahaqiel

Posted

do what they said and use fox, sonic, lucas, ness, snake, falco.

Posted

just keep on trying and you will soon be able to dodge most of his attacks, It really doesn't matter which characters your using just dodge his attacks and attack him when you can.

Posted

Dodging is key =D

So just listen to the above peoples =O

Posted

Except the guy who thinks that using specific characters will help you win.

Use any character you want. As long as you don't suck with them.

Sahaqiel

Posted

With the Huge Fripping Wings of Death attack, the best way to dodge depends on where you are on the stage. If you're on the left side, do a rolling dodge to the right, and if you're on the right side, do a rolling dodge to the left. If you're in the middle, do a sidestep dodge- this will ensure that you cross paths with the waves of the attack as briefly as possible. The rest is just timing. Each wave of the attack moves at a fixed speed at fixed intervals, so work up a rhythm for that.

When he turns into those two gold things to grab you and throw you to the ground, do a rolling dodge in his direction very soon (in his direction so that you overlap him as briefly as possible). You could also jump and do a midair dodge or dodge in any other way if you'd like to. He moves more quickly to get you than you think, so do it soon after you see him turn into the gold things.

When he shoots what look like needles from his hands, stand back (or better yet, stay behind him for the duration of the whole barrage), because when he's done he shoots a huge ball of doom forward at a downward diagonal angle.

The safest way to dodge the laser eyes when he multiplies in size (I rhymed :P ) is to stand on the edge of the stage directly under his head and hit him with repeated up-smashes. You'll never know on which edge of the stage he'll decide to appear, which may leave you in the open if he appears on the unexpected edge.

When he starts to breathe deeply at either side of the stage, he's about to pull out a huge ray gun thing. When he does, the speed at which he starts shooting the beam depends on what level you're on. On Easy, he'll pause for a while before beginning, and on Intense he'll begin almost instantaneously. Either way, you're best bet here is to get up into the air and stay there for as long as possible, using your triple jump unless you're sure that your character's double jump can keep him or her up long enough.

When he's on either side of the stage and he moves his hands around a bit, that means he's about to pull out a scoop/broad knife/feather thing and swoop down to the stage floor with it, hitting whatever's on the floor, before turning back upwards and ending his attack at pretty much the exact opposite position as when he started. The best way to dodge this is, you guessed it, to jump. Try to jump as soon as you see him moving his hands, as this can come quite suddenly.

His barrage of slaps isn't much to worry about because they can't really kill you, but try to stay behind him.

Sometimes while he's teleporting from place to place, he'll leave an explosion-esque thing in the area he just left. This comes without warning and is often a KO on Intense, so there's really no planning for it. If you don't get hit by the first blast, wait until he's stopped leaving these explosions in his wake.

Sometimes, two little balls or whatever they are will start rotating around him and electrocute whoever enters their radius. Just try to stay as far away from him as possible.

While floating on either side of the stage, he'll whip out his long chain thing and cast it in your direction. This is very hard to dodge, but you should try to do it anyway, either in the air or on the ground. This attack has a lot of potential to kill you, as he swings you around on the end of the chain and slams you into the ground.

I haven't really worked out a plan for when he shoots clones in various directions; just try not to get hit. *thumbs up*

I believe that's all of them- most of this is just common sense. :embarrassed:

Edit: Thanks to Oh Noes, I know that I forgot that huge fish thing. Well, from either side of the stage, he'll turn into some big fish-shaped thing and charge straight horizontally across the stage corresponding with whatever altitude you were at when he started the attack. The best idea for this is to jump up when he begins the move so that he'll go straight across that point, then quickly fall so that you're on the ground while he charges harmlessly above you. This would be tough to dodge by rolling or sidestepping or air dodging because the fish thing is so long that if you try, it'll catch you when your dodge ends. I have dodged it the other ways, though, so it's not impossible.

Also, I forgot that spinning, bladed circular thing he throws across the stage. He'll be off to either side near the bottom, then he'll thorow it like a Frisbee along the floor. Just jump.

Also, third edit, Sahaqiel informed me of another thing. Tabuu will be off to either side of the stage and wave his arm around in front of him a bit. At this time, little shiny spots will appear at various spots along the stage in more or less a line. Starting with the shiny spots closest to Tabuu, they will burst into explosive flame which is pretty much an insta-KO if it hits you. The way to dodge this is pretty simple. When the little shiny spots appear, go somewhere where you are surely out of their range. This attack normally curves, so the place you should go can be pretty obvious. Just stand in your little haven of space as the explosions get closer, then farther away.

Posted

I believe that's all of them- most of this is just common sense. :embarrassed:

You forgot the weird fish-thing that he pulls out form nowhere and glides across the stage right at you with. (I hate that thing! Gets me every time. >__<)

Posted

When he's on either side of the stage and he moves his hands around a bit, that means he's about to pull out a scoop/broad knife/feather thing and swoop down to the stage floor with it, hitting whatever's on the floor, before turning back upwards and ending his attack at pretty much the exact opposite position as when he started. The best way to dodge this is, you guessed it, to jump. Try to jump as soon as you see him moving his hands, as this can come quite suddenly.

Or if you're Marth or Ike and your reflexes are good enough, use your Counter attack. (B + Down)

Sometimes while he's teleporting from place to place, he'll leave an explosion-esque thing in the area he just left. This comes without warning and is often a KO on Intense, so there's really no planning for it. If you don't get hit by the first blast, wait until he's stopped leaving these explosions in his wake.

Actually, you can just hang on a ledge, methinks. He doesn't teleport to ledges.

I haven't really worked out a plan for when he shoots clones in various directions; just try not to get hit. *thumbs up*

There really isn't a plan. Just like Tabuu's wings, I think the clone thing was designed so you'd have to learn how to dodge. Many players have played the game for ages, but still don't even use their shield or midair dodge.

Edit: Thanks to Oh Noes, I know that I forgot that huge fish thing. Well, from either side of the stage, he'll turn into some big fish-shaped thing and charge straight horizontally across the stage corresponding with whatever altitude you were at when he started the attack. The best idea for this is to jump up when he begins the move so that he'll go straight across that point, then quickly fall so that you're on the ground while he charges harmlessly above you. This would be tough to dodge by rolling or sidestepping or air dodging because the fish thing is so long that if you try, it'll catch you when your dodge ends. I have rolling dodged it, though, so it's not impossible.

I always midair dodge that. It's so fun to do. =O

Sahaqiel

Posted

Also look out for the gold diamond that flies across the stage. If it catches you its pretty much a 1 hit KO. :cry:

Posted

You also forgot that weird punch thing where he puts his fist forward and fires a HUGE BALL O' DOOM.

And the spinny slicey thingy that pwns in faces.

Also, just a bit of an update, I beat him with just two of my provided roster; Toon Link and Link.

I would have beat him just with Toon Link, but he did the explosion teleport thing while I was slashing him. )=

Sahaqiel

Posted

I'll keep those in mind. When I decide to actually take on Tabuu seriously, I'll take all the suggestions you guys made into consideration. :)

Posted

You also forgot that weird punch thing where he puts his fist forward and fires a HUGE BALL O' DOOM.

Is that the thing he does after shooting the needles? I got that one. If only these attacks had names; they would be much easier to talk about. :squint:

As for the hanging from a ledge thing- I'd want to be ready to get back at him as soon as possible. And he normally won't teleport right on top of you if you're standing on the floor. :o

Posted

No, it's not the needles. He puts his fist forward and a sound is heard, then he blasts this fiery thing at you and you're never really sure where it's going to hit, 'cause the thing really isn't a ball, per se, it looks like he's throwing flames at you or something. But if it hits you, it's basically a one-hit KO.

An alternative to hanging on a ledge for the explosive teleport is to roll in sync to his teleportations until he stops. It goes at a steady tempo, so it shouldn't be too hard.

Sahaqiel