AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!

24 posts in this topic

Posted

I have to take the Standardized Testing And Reporting(STAR) Test. It is THEE Most important test of the year. It covers everything I learned over the ENTIRE year(for science and history, the past three years) This test determines what classes I will take next year, what classes I might have to re-take the next year, etc.

And since I'm in 8th grade, IT'S EVEN MORE IMPORTANT!!!

Because I'm Going to high school next year, this years STAR test will determine what classes I'll be able to take next year. And then that will effect my score for the next year and so on until it effects what colleges I'll be able to go to and that will effect my life. So ultimately if I don't do good on this test I've just ruined my life.

On top of that, most years it takes a three weeks to take the test. This year it will only take six days. Not because The Test is shorter, but because because the testing time has been decreased. So I have to do a 2000 problem test in six days. Thats about 330 life changing problems a day.

And it starts this Tuesday! Whoo hoo!

:cry:

Posted

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA! Breath... Don't think of it being so big. Just think of it being like another test. Look at it only being 6 days as a good thing: You don't have to stress out for 3 weeks.

Posted

just a helper, in the majoritory of cases, effect is a noun, you should be using affects instead (2nd paragraph).

Everyone has to go through these exams and has these problems, if you're smart enough it doesn't make a lick of difference whether or not you do well, it'll turn up later on down the line. If you end up in the wrong classes but then make a point about it, you can still end up in the ones you want. It's not even like you won't get to the best college if you do rubbish and even if you do that doesn't mean you can't make the best of the college you end up in and in no way does that ruin your life.

Posted

I took the 'most important test of my life' years ago. Completley f***ed it, and several years later, turns out I didnt even need it to be where I want to be.

Even in the worst case scenario, It is not the end of the world

Posted

They lie to you when they say the STAR test decides your schedule for the next year. It's just to evaluate the overall performance of the school and to see which schools are underperforming.

It's for no one's benefit. It's just to check if students are learning the material mandated by the state.

Posted

Public schools suck...In homeschool it only takes two days to do ANY star test...even eighth grade.... :unsure:

Posted

AAAAAAH! I'm freakin' out maaaaaaan! The only good part about it is that coincidentally a bunch of my friends are going to be in the same class to take the test. And I get to be with the coolest teacher at the school. (he's my homeroom teacher)

AWESOME!!!

Posted

1: You only have 6 days!? Lucky you. I only have 4 days.

2: Fortunately, I only have 200 problems to do.

3: I hope you get past it easy.

Posted

In the United States, Standardized testing is just used to evaluate how the schools are doing and how much funding they will get.

It does not determine anything about your future.

They do tend to give you or your parents your results though.... so if you get a 0% your parents may think you're retarded. Have fun with the test though and relax! Remember: Question everything. Schools lie. Cops lie. Politicians lie.

"The STAR is strictly for the representing school's ranking within the state. Schools who reflect higher test scores from their students will receive a higher budget."

Wikipedia on STAR

:joy:

Posted

Hey I had to take 4 tests on my exams called the OATs, and they ironicly lasted for 2 weeks. Don't ask how.

Posted

Dude, just take a deep breth.

Posted

Yea what she said ^ :unsure:

If you just concentrate and get it done, it'll be no big problem :)

Posted

Not too long, right?

Posted

what? :huh:

And don't let your mind stray from the topic :P

i kept thinkingabout alo...and that really confused me.

Posted

What? No, it's only 6 days. And it's not a take home tset. Those kill.