Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

mods only

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Ok mods, i am tierd of not being a mod. i have been trying for more then 4 years to become a mod. it is time to let the members to become mods if they have been here for more then a year and has posted ore than 3 topics or replies. so please listen to me. :zelda:

Posted

I'm sorry I'm going to have to say no and I will say why I say no.

1) We don't consider or give staff promotions to users who request it unless there is some decision made by dustin... (staff positions are chosen by dustin)

2) If were to "cycle" or do what you suggested with staffs it would just be flat out chaos... there would be too many mods... not aquainted with staff etc. (because of "cycling" positions)

3) The current moderators/staff were members and still are members.

4) More than 3 topics and replies to become moderator. I will post 3 topics (that's also 3 posts) and I'll leave for a year and comeback and demand my staff promotion promised (saying that we were to do this).

5) I do recall saying that maybe perhaps you would recieve staff promotion if you were more active but making 18 posts doesn't cut it (not including some sort of occasion). I never said you /would/ be moderator... we don't give staff promotions "for the day". We also don't like liers. (Yes you did lie to me a couple times) you had claimed to be really active and I checked your profile and you had 0 posts... you said that you had another account that you lost the password too... I checked that one also once again 0 posts.

6) This thread is bound to be replied by non staffers... so it's not "Top Secret" as you may wish it to be...

7) Practically this same suggestion has been asked for before... and of course it was turned down.

- Tappy, Hyrule.net <3's you!

Posted (edited)

6) This thread is bound to be replied by non staffers... so it's not "Top Secret" as you may wish it to be...

I'll be your first example! :joy:

Edited by Odin (see edit history)

Posted

Ok mods, i am tierd of not being a mod. i have been trying for more then 4 years to become a mod. it is time to let the members to become mods if they have been here for more then a year and has posted ore than 3 topics or replies. so please listen to me. :zelda:

Are you trying to take over Hyrule.net or something?

Posted

Seriously, I can't trust you. You tried to make us believe that we had to send rupees to you to be sent to Dustin! It'd be a dark day when someone like you became a mod; you're just too power hungry!

Posted

You made me laugh..... I needed that, I have a paper to write and tests tomorrow. :unsure:

Posted

We seriously need a 'rofl' emote just for this. -shot-

I'd say moar, but I has to go to bed. D;

Posted

Sorry dude... I've been around for a month and I think I SHOULD GET TO RULE HYRULE! Better off starting your own site

Posted

You, sir, have got to be the first, in 4 years of forums, have I seen do something like this.

You don't just go around forums, especially huge ones like this, asking for mod positions. And have you any idea how many mods there would be if everybody who was here for more than a year was made a moderator? It would be hell on Earth. You really shouldn't be begging for positions on here. Plus, 3 topics or replies? You have GOT to be kidding me. You have no idea how little that is. Three posts, pathetic. On a few forums I go to, 500 is the limit, and those are small forums. This, sir, is a HUGE forum. Three posts is nothing compared to the thousands everybody else has. Stop trying to get a moderator position, because it's not going to work.

I've seen people try to get mod positions before, but not as desperately as you. And you're 12, right? Seriously, I don't think you'd do a good job on moderating a forum at all. You can barely function your way around basic IRC commands, and yet you expect to become a moderator on a forum such as this? Once again, pathetic. You need to learn when to stop asking and begging for positions such as this.

Just don't do it. You're not going to become a mod like this. A mod needs to show dedication and effort. You say you have been trying for 4 years, and yet you have 19 posts? Once again, pathetic. I end here.

Posted

This whole topic just makes me want to oh I dont know well ya I do LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!! Is this guy freaking serious!!!!!! If dustin gave Mod responsibilities to members (which I don't believe he should) It should be clan leaders that are really high in membership time and posts. which I am neither so that counts me out LOL! I wouldn't want the responsibility.

Posted

Dude, you only have 19 posts. . .

Posted

:zelda: I think this is a great idea! Make him/her a mod riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight now!

Posted

let alone anything else that tappy's already mentioned, mods aren't chosen purely by numbers of posts, they're chosen for who can be trusted to do a good job. Look at the top 6 overal posters, with over 4000 posts, only 2 are mods. I'm one and I became a mod when I had about 50 for other reasons, obviously. Making lots of posts or being an active member doesn't mean you'll make a good mod.

Sure being active is a good quality of a mod, but it's not the other way around. You asking to become a mod is going to let you down especially. The 3 people who ended up becoming mods from asking (who all did have a vague reason why they should've become mods anyway, unlike yourself), all went power crazy and abused their power, which then got removed from them and are now disliked by lots of people on the site.

Posted

Dude, you have 19 posts, and you say you've been on here for 4 years trying to become a Mod? You're not fooling anyone.

You'd have much better luck making your own site.

Also, I was appalled at the scam you spelt out for everyone when you made that hyrule.net party. Dude, we have chat parties here all the time. If you were supposedly here for 4 years, you would've known that.

Once again,

either stop making such big scenes or go make your own website. You seem to be fairly power-hungry as it is.

Posted

If I was leader or even just a member of the TwiliKnights I would want this retard off my team wouldn't all of you?