Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What's your favourite cut-scene in The Legend of Zelda series?

44 posts in this topic

Posted

The one from Wind Waker where Link meets Ganondorf with the...unmagical master sword and Ganondorf laughs at him for trying to stab him with just a normal sword. Then Tetra jumps in through the window and saves Link. Then Prince Komali (spelled wrong?) flies in and carries both Tetra and Link out of the tower. Finally, Valoo finishes by blasting Ganondorf with a huge gust of Fire.

I was amazed when I first saw that. And I loved it.

Posted

The simple power of those final scenes in WW is what does it for me.

The water crashing down, and Ganondorf's final stand... breathtaking.

Also, all the Song of Healing cut-scenes in MM... I don't know, somehow just hearing that song makes me emotional. In TP especially, it caught me so off-guard. I finished howling it, then after a moment my mind caught up and realized what was going on, and I couldn't breathe.

Posted

Id say it whould have to be in Oot right after link has his dream at the begining and then when Navi is flying to go meet him, sais hi to everyone and then rams right into some kind of wooden fence, that was so funny lol!

Posted

-When Valoo burns the top of Forsaken Fortress in WW

-When Linebeck shakes Link silly when you first enter the Temple of the Ocean King in PH

-Majora's Mask final boss sequences (its kind of freaky with just the mask floating in midair and you know it is full of evil not doing anything at the momment. O_o)

-Last but not least Four Swords Adventrue when the Tower of Winds (think that the name) falls.

Posted

Anyone notice that when Ganondorf survives the execution and kills off a Sage, the Sage he whacked is the Water Sage, and the Water Sage in OoT is Ruto? :P

Posted

Can you rehowl during TP. I don't think the song of healing is in it.

Posted

My favorite TLoZ cutscene would be obtaining the Master Sword in A Link to the Past. Not only was is suspensful and magestic, but it left me in awe the first time. Then, Zelda's telepathic cries cut through an incredibly surreal moment, which dramatically changed the mood in such a sudden moment that it had my adrenaline rushing. I was all like, "OMGAH TEH PRINZEZZ!" Tied with that is walking into The Lost Woods in ALttP for the first time. That music was so fitting, and the fog, bandits, and tree hollows just made everything so perfect.

Another great one was in Majora's Mask when Anju and Kafei decided to die together. It ripped a hole in my heart.

Posted

My fav would have to be that VERY short one in twilight princess in the beggining when you have to catch fish to get the cat to go back to the shopkeeper, the scene where the cat steals the fish, link's fce is pricless XDXD

Posted

The Ocarina of Time end credits count, right? I love that part to death.

I absolutely love that part to death as well. ^.^

I always love those scenes where Link gets the Master Sword. :3 I don't necessarily like the scene where

Midna breaks the mirror

, but then again... I do sort of like it because it's "emotional". ;P

Posted

I like the cutscene at the end of PH including credits and the scene after.

Posted

My fav would have to be that VERY short one in twilight princess in the beggining when you have to catch fish to get the cat to go back to the shopkeeper, the scene where the cat steals the fish, link's fce is pricless XDXD

Lol, that part was awesome. Link is all like :huh::huhwhat::ohmygod::angrylink:

I was horrified about the Sage that died until I discovered that she was Ruto. :evil:

WW when Link placed the last pearl, then it was about to explode, so Link jumped down to safety. After that, the statue stopped rumbling, and Link said, "Huh?" So, deciding that it was safe to climb back up, he got next to the statue. Then, the statue really did explode, and sent Link flying into the Tower of the Gods. Poor guy.

Of course, when Tetra looks like she totally owns Ganondorf and she's like "HAYYYYA!!!!!!!" Then Ganondorf grabs her and he's all like, " :ohmygod: , you're :zelda: ! Yeah, baby! :evil: " Tetra's saying, " What the--?! I'm not a princess, you idiot, I'm a pirate captain!" "Do not feign ignorrance!" "You have issues." Okay, so she didn't tell Ganondorf that he had issues, but still....

TP, with the light arrows. Brilliant, no pun intended. Along with the fact that Zelda was honoring Native American traditions and beliefs. Ask me how. You know you want to know.

Posted

Vaati's right. I also love the part in WW when the statue exploded.

I love when Link get exploded, and destroyed, and pwned in WW. It's more fun in Brawl. I can list for hours. XD

If you want to know PM me you'll have fun doing this to who ever.

Posted

In WW when

we find out that Tetra is Princess Zelda (descendant or whatever).

That was a game full of good suprises with a great storyline!

Posted

I have another one:

(Majora's Mask spoiler!)

When Anju and Kafei get re-united under very tragic circumstances; they re-unite, right as the world is about to end!

Posted

In Wind Waker, when fighting Ganon Link tosses his shield aside leaps into the air and stabbs Ganon in the forehead.