Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Should Dustin remove the "mature" content from the site?

22 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm sure lots of people will notice more and more "mature" content is creeping onto the site. It started coming from the chat, then the wildwest forum opened up and now the site is being associated with all sorts of low-brow stuff.

There's always the option of ignoring it, but it's still there and it brings down the tone of the whole site. This kind of thing is definately not the way to go to get the members we want. Creepy non-zelda fan memebrs into "other" things, maybe, but I hardly think that's a good idea.

So what do you think? Should we step back a bit? There's fun, but then there's also making the site cleaner for younger members, they may stumble onto something, or their parents may stumble onto something and then it's all downhill. There's other places you can go for this stuff, just keep it in the chatroom even, but I don't think hyrule.net itself should be covered with these things.

Posted

I think it should go away. I agree with you 100%

Posted

..maybe not remove, but like, post warnings.. like he already is..

You could set an age limit, but I'd cry. 'cos you know I'm not exactly the most innocent youngin' on the site.

Posted

XD No Viv, you're not.

I agree with her though. Definitely more warnings. Like, red font-size-14 and caps stuff. Then again, such warnings might provoke younger members to see what's all going on... So maybe it might be a good idea to get rid of all.

Posted

I Already came forward to dustin on this...

[16:18] <Tappy> also I do agree on pevertedness
[16:19] <Tappy> we should just keep all pevertedness to

[spoiler]hotsprings.hyrule.net[/spoiler]

<- do not highlight if you are underage.
[16:19] <Tappy> like a small forum or something
[16:19] <Tappy> use esotalk
[16:19] <Dustin> well thats what wild west was set up for
[16:19] <Dustin> to keep it contained
[16:19] <Tappy> ya
[16:19] <Tappy> but still
[16:19] <Tappy> they see it
[16:19] <Tappy> and ask "where is hyrule.net going"
[16:22] <Dustin> true
[16:22] <Tappy> just a thought =\
[16:22] <Tappy> It doesn't bug me

I'm sure there is many people that don't want it there and this topic SHOULDN'T have been made as the topic in the rants forum about where hyrule.net is going...

I myself have no absolute problem with the forum as it gives a warning...

Locked :moderated:

Posted

sorry, what?

*unlocked*

People need to voice their opinions, it's the simple case of it being on the site in the first place, it's on the whole domain and it's bringing the tone of the whole site down, best idea would be to make it a whole seperate domain and keep it COMPLETELY seperate. The people you know are interested can be linked to it and then they can remember it...

Posted

sorry, what?

*unlocked*

People need to voice their opinions, it's the simple case of it being on the site in the first place, it's on the whole domain and it's bringing the tone of the whole site down, best idea would be to make it a whole seperate domain and keep it COMPLETELY seperate. The people you know are interested can be linked to it and then they can remember it...

To my friend Gingerlink:

http://hyrule.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=6656

http://hyrule.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=6746

This whole question has been answered... by those two topics... which is why I locked this one...

The people that don't want the forums are the ones who said that they don't support the current chattings... They have already voiced and we are aware.

Here is a quick list of people who don't want it:

RYU

HyruleForrunner

TML

(X)xMidnaxXXxLinkx(X)

Oh Noes???

Gingerlink?

Link Player?

Django

Cat Girl???

Posted

This is a topic that is straight to the point to see just how many people actually want it gone. As Dustin has said before, he wants to do what the members want and if the vast majoritory of the members want it off the site, then it should go.

The fact that you don't care is neither here nor there, you're just another member.

P.S. you linked the same topic twice

Posted

I think we should keep the Wild West as a place to post random stuff that won't higher your post count and get rid of all the 18+ stuff.

Posted

The warnings are the way to go. If it says, "Do not click if under eighteen or are offended by such things", then people should heed that warning. If they click regardless and see something that causes their eyes to fall out, then that's on them. They have no excuse to complain about it since they were already informed of the potentially offending things that were beyond that red light.

Posted

This is a topic that is straight to the point to see just how many people actually want it gone. As Dustin has said before, he wants to do what the members want and if the vast majoritory of the members want it off the site, then it should go.

The fact that you don't care is neither here nor there, you're just another member.

P.S. you linked the same topic twice

p.s. no I didn't. :)

Posted

yes. This is mainly because I'm eleven, and my brother's eight. I don't want to have to ban him from coming on unless I'm with him to tell him were not to go. And I don't want my mom banning me. I'd never see my friends again. So that's what I say

Posted

Warning or not, people will still know that mature stuff is on this site, and just the presence of mature content can make members uneasy. I believe we should have a place for mature content on another site, like on one of the free forums that a few members of hyrule.net have.

Posted

I was about to reiterate the point I made earlier, this time to SirJoshizzle, but Knuckle did it for me...

It still remains part of the site and that's not a good thing.

HyruleChan is Hyrule.net 3.0...

Posted

DESTROY IT!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: it's EVIL!

I'm woried my parents won't let me on because of it. :cry: