Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Law of Three

25 posts in this topic

Posted

There is nothing of three's in MM that I can think of.

4 bosses, boss masks

24 masks. I don't see anything 3 in it.

But only 3 of the mask let you change in the overworld.

Posted

But only 3 of the mask let you change in the overworld.

Oh yea. I was thinking 4 transformation masks though, but now that I think about it 5 including the giants mask.

Posted

Think about it though, MM's Termina is parallell to Hyrule, and a lot of things are the same, but different. I think Termina should be ruled out of this discussion, as it practically follows a different "theme", as it were.

But hey, that's just my opinion, you don't have to care.

(Eat Hyrule Toast. DO IT!)

Posted

hey what if they just cant count to 4

Posted

I doubt that, but it's possible... I guess... no, because shops sell things for more than three rupees, and the rupee colors seem to be base-ten, as opposed to base-three. :P

On a serious level, 24 divided by 8 equals 3, so there is a number three in there, but P2tTL is right; Termina is parallel to Hyrule, so it should be out of discussion for this thread. The animal thing, I have some serious doubts, like Zeruda. The phoenix seems more likely than the owl, since the phoenix seems to be the bird on the Hylian Crest/Shield, so it would make sense that it would represent Wisdom. The wolf probably doesn't represent Courage, since, as others have pointed out, the wolf appears in only one game, and there seems to be no set animal for Courage. The boar probably represents greed as opposed to Power. Again, Zeruda pointed this out. Very interesting, though, and to add to the general "three" theme here, in order to defeat a boss, you must repeat something three times, sometimes even three things three times.

Posted

I don't know of any other 3's, but here's something to think about: a lot of enemies and bosses have their eyes as weak points (ex: Ghoma) :wacko:

:deadhorse:

Posted

I don't know of any other 3's, but here's something to think about: a lot of enemies and bosses have their eyes as weak points (ex: Ghoma) :wacko:

:deadhorse:

Uh... yeah. No offense, but I noticed that forever ago.

Posted

the phoenix seems to be the bird on the Hylian Crest/Shield

Nay, 'tis an eagle upon the Hylian Crest, representing freedom.

Posted

??

That symbol is referred to as the "sacred falcon" or something.

Anyways, Majora's Mask had twenty-four masks because of the game's huge tie-ins with the concept of time.

24 masks, 24 hours, etc. etc. >__>

Sahaqiel

Posted

Okay, I'm going to speculate on this too. I haven't read all the posts in this topic though, so forgive me if I'm repeating.

I think the wolf was supposed to be symbolic of courage though, if I recall, he got turned into a wolf instead of...something, a dark thing or something maybe, because he had the piece of courage.

We know obviously that Ganon turns into the dark beast, and that could represent power. I don't think that's an ability that comes just from being a gerudo, it had to have come from the triforce of power.

I think that this suggests that perhaps Zelda has some sort of transformation too that we may just never have seen. Perhaps an owl. Or, perhaps, the she didn't transform in the owl but somehow, perhaps relating to her psychic powers, the owl worked for her, it was a personification of her wisdom. Then again...the owl was around before she got the triforce of wisdom.

Perhaps the owl just has something to do with the forest. Even the first time Link meets him (in OOT that is), the owl acts like he knows Link. Since the kokiri seem to be attuned a lot to nature and animals, it would make sense that the owl was maybe just a friend of Link's.

That doesn't mean still that Zelda doesn't have a transformation herself.