Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wii "maintenance" mode Trick

6 posts in this topic

Posted

You can find the link Here

Basically, the jist of what it is, is that when you first load up your wii, you hold + and - and press A. A message should come up saying that the Wii is it maintenance mode and the message board cannot be used. All other systems work just fine.

The problem to this is, if you want to turn it off....

It's not under wii settings or channels. So, if you want to send a message to someone....I dunno, maybe e - mail them?

Anyway, I wonder what this mode was used for. I bet it was used in the early development stages of the Message Board. Either that, or it was planned to be used if something went wrong with the Wii message board. But since Nintendo must've cleared all glitches and bugs with it, it was never used.

That's just my theory, tough. What's your theory on this?

Posted

I think it's so that if you download a message from standby mode that screws up the hard drive, you can use this and delete the screwy message without the Wii telling you the hard drive is corrupt when you load the menu.

Posted

I think it's so that if you download a message from standby mode that screws up the hard drive, you can use this and delete the screwy message without the Wii telling you the hard drive is corrupt when you load the menu.

But you can't even get into the Wii Message Board to delete a message while in maintenance mode. If you try to click the mail icon, it'll pop up and say that the Wii is in maintenance mode and the Wii Message Board cannot be used. So I have no idea what it's used for.

Posted

Haha,

I think I have a idea for the forum...

Anyways... here is the explanation:

Maintenance mode with binary etc code

If you read the codes in it you can easy understand what it does...

---

Turning one via health and safety screen with holding + and - starts this mode (This mode Nintendo didn't block for public/none hackers) Since there are more... See www.Savemii.net ...Is one of them...

---

For short what it does:

It does block any history Nintendo does while repair your wii with discs they insert (for test or backup or fix)

And blocking the message box for personal data

It turns off wifi for some reasons...

Opening channels that use wifi like Mario kart channel they will come up and doing weird... like having japanse text...

Adr990

Posted

i havent heard of this until today :o:P

Posted

i havent heard of this until today :o:P

Lol >.<

:joy: