too much of a friend

16 posts in this topic

Posted

All right, here we go. I don't really like posting this on the Internet, but whatever.

Basically, I have a problem. Every time I like a girl, I become too much of a friend to date her. My problem is that I'm too good of a friend. I know that it sounds narcisistic, but it's true. I become such a good FRIEND to people that I am confined to being that and nothing more. Just a friend. What should I do?

Posted

All right, here we go. I don't really like posting this on the Internet, but whatever.

Basically, I have a problem. Every time I like a girl, I become too much of a friend to date her. My problem is that I'm too good of a friend. I know that it sounds narcisistic, but it's true. I become such a good FRIEND to people that I am confined to being that and nothing more. Just a friend. What should I do?

You should just keep doing what you're doing. Look, if you really want to be more than just a friend, then you're going to want to be as trustworthy as possible. You're going to want a girl to be able to confide in you, to open up to you, and to share her thoughts with you. If you want a relationship, a real one, then you can never be too good of a friend. Ever. The best relationship you can hope to have is for you and your significant other to be both lovers and best friends.

Posted

Be a friend...but not a best friend. If thing work out, something will happen. That's what worked for me! ^_^

Posted

if you meet a new girl who you have an interest in, you should make your intentions clear before you fall into that 'friend' category.

Posted

lol sounds like my cousin

Posted

don't want to hear about it PF

really really don't

Posted

Looks like they send you to the Friend Zone... but maybe it's your fault.

Here's my advice: If you like a girl, then DON'T try to be her best friend, just flirt and try to date her as fast as you can before she sends you to the Friend Zone, the thing is that when it comes to friends, if we find a very very good friend then you'll lose any chance with the girl. because to me dating a friend is like dating a brother or something like that, so that's why you should try to keep things a little cold and don't get too close too fast, try to be just a friend but don't be her very best friend, be there for her but don't over do it. That's it :D

I hope it helps

Posted

You should commit mudslide

Posted

You should commit suicide

Asshole.

Posted

Well while you may be friends why don't you try and spend a bit more time with them alone instead of a group of friends.

Posted

if you meet a new girl who you have an interest in, you should make your intentions clear before you fall into that 'friend' category.

Many thanks, ZuZu. This worked.

I definitely fell into the "friend" category with the other girl, but I tried the advice you gave me and was successful. :n_n:

Posted

Jeez, personally I think zerunda gave the best advice, I think everything else is messed up...

Posted

You should commit mudslide

you should commit mudslide? :huhwhat:

Posted

Zeruda did give some good advice, but it wasn't working out. Maybe at some point in the future something will happen between us, but for now we're just friends.

Posted

I know it can be hard to accept that you can only be friends with them, but,

just think

if you did go out with her, you two could end up hating each other,

or if you want to think the other way

if you stay her friend, who knows, maybe one day she'll feel the same way about you that you feel about her

(PF, you say anything, and i will kill you)