Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A New Pikmin Title is in Production

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Yesterday evening, Nintendo held a private, invite-only, developers conference, where it was expected that they may announce and show off one of their more "hardcore" games, that had been missing from their main E3 conference, such as Kid Icarus.

------

In this respect, Nintendo disapointed, mainly taking questions from the other developers there. There were questions such as how they're producing "core" games, which he responded with;

"It could apply to games with better graphics, or games that have more involved story or other elements. If we forget about those elements too, that will detract from our work.

"So we continue with investigating all types of games. When it's time to announce such a title, I'll announce it - so look forward to it."

However, at the end of the conference, Shigeru Miyamoto also said simply "we're making Pikmin". Shigsy works rather closely with the pikmin team so he'd know what's going on, but he didn't say anything more than that. With no appearance at Leipzig, it remains a mystery when Nintendo could fully announce such a title.

It is expected that the title is in development for the wii, but due to the ambiguity of Shigsy's statement, it may actually be being developed for the DS.

In other news from the conference, it looks like there are no plans at the moment to create a wave race game for the wii. However, people from the devlopment team are working on Wii Sports: Resort.

The producer, Katsuya Eguchi believes it will be just as good and he added, "I am confident it will exceed Wave Race in depth, and players will get sufficient enjoyment from it."

Posted

Aw. No trailer or nothin'?

I love how Miyamoto leaks everything. Like he further revealed that the Zelda and [i]Galaxy[/i] teams are both working on new titles and somewhere down the line he unofficially confirmed Kid Icarus. This is probably the best one though. I can imagine him just interrupting someone in mid-sentence to say completely off-topic: "We're making a new Pikmin," then drop it entirely.

He's like the only Nintendo official acknowledging how disappointing their conference was this year. People like Reggie refuse to believe that we don't really care as much about the stuff they showed as they thought we did.

Posted

I've never played Pikmin, but I heard it's fun. I might get 1 or 2. Which one is better?

Posted

"Were making a new Pikmin" Possibly the best news I've heard in my opinion. :D

[quote name='Arcanelord' post='155835' date='Jul 17 2008, 09:02 AM']I've never played Pikmin, but I heard it's fun. I might get 1 or 2. Which one is better?[/quote]

Well, I'd say pikmin 2, because it's longer, it has more diverse enemies, and unlimited days...and a two player mode that allows either battle between one another or co-op play in caves. :)

I'd recommend playing the first one once, though. I'd rent it though, as you can't play it as much after passing it.

Posted

[quote name='True Gamer' post='155890' date='Jul 17 2008, 12:30 PM']"Were making a new Pikmin" Possibly the best news I've heard in my opinion. :D

Well, I'd say pikmin 2, because it's longer, it has more diverse enemies, and unlimited days...and a two player mode that allows either battle between one another or co-op play in caves. :)

I'd recommend playing the first one once, though. I'd rent it though, as you can't play it as much after passing it.[/quote]
Cool. Thanks.

Posted

Huh...a new Pikmin. I have nothing but respect for Shigeru. He is one of the godfathers of gaming after all. But while every one else is tight-lipped about their game projects, Shiggy doesn't mind spoiling much. Awsome guy, though. He's one of the people it'd love to meet in the future. Yeah, I could imagine him interupting someone to tell them ''we're making this game, just so it's known...'' That would be his style.

Posted

I never finished pikmen because I was afraid. I was 7, and the giant bugs kept eating my pikmen, and it scared me.

Me and my friend thought of a pikmen title, and it's not mean i swear.

Pikmen 2: Oh no I'm stuck on this planet again, and I need help from little people who sing love songs, and write poetry. If you read Sir J's post in one of the brawl topics you'll know what I mean.

Posted

I got halfway through Pikmin 1 before losing interest, but later on I realized that I was being stupid. I looked for the game to play it, but couldn't find it. I can only hope that the Pikmin gods will forgive me after I buy this Pikmin 3, because I've faced their wrath for long enough. I sure hope this flower on my head will go away, or at least stop growing.