Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

E3 2008: Miyamoto Says New Zelda for Wii Progressing?

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Nintendo had a lot to offer us during their E3 press conference, including new details on Animal Crossing: City Folk, the new Wii Speak Peripheral, and even the long-lost Wii Music. Still, the event felt a little... lacking. Where in Zelda's name is the Twilight Princess sequel!?

During the conference, Nintendo president Satoru Iwata made a lacking-in-elaboration comment that new Mario and Zelda games are indeed in the works, but wasn't really generous with the details. The man Shigeru Miyamoto though, was a bit more accommodating.

At the end of the conference, various groups were able to get a hold of him and ask a few questions about the new projects. Miyamoto remarked that the games are indeed in the works, but it takes anywhere from two to three years to finish developing them, which may explain why they chose not to elaborate on it during their press conference.

Miyamoto explains that Nintendo intends to release a second Zelda title on the Wii, as well as more Mario titles. He also revealed that there is a Zelda project for the DS as well:

The Zelda team in particular always works on Zelda titles. The core members of the Zelda team have for a very long time now been focused on Zelda games, and continue to focus on Zelda games, so they are hard at work and working away.

[...] And then, of course, we have the DS Zelda team as well, so even there we're having some switching of people in and out where the DS team is mixing in with the Wii team and working on the Wii version

Looks like we may have to wait until next year to find out more about these projects.

Edited by Twilight Oni Link (see edit history)

Posted

Cool. I hope the TP is like MM, and I wish the DS isn't a going to be a WW threequil.

Posted

There's already an article on this topic here. Make sure there aren't duplicate articles before you put up news.

Posted

There's already an article on this topic here. Make sure there aren't duplicate articles before you put up news.

well at least i can edit it since theres actually two articles and not one :embarrassed:

Posted

So a new Zelda for Wii is in the making, AND a new one for DS too? Please no more Wind Waker-style games... I don't know how much more sailing I can take... it's bad enough I had to make friends with coffee to stay awake for sailing between islands for WW... not so much PH cuz the scale of the sea was smaller, but you get the idea... I wouldn't mind seeing another Four Swords related adventure; Minish Cap had a cool concept with being able to shrink and see the land of Hyrule through the eyes of the Minish, now just imagine if they were able to use the DS' touch-screen capabilities for the game... hoo boy :)

Posted

I think (read: hope) that the DS game is another FS. Preferably with WiFi capabilities and no Ganon. Nintendo Power had Zelda: Four Swords listed in their Game Watch for a while, and said it was still in the works in an article about Phantom Hourglass.

On a side note, the crazy people have already started making fake trailers and putting them on Youtube. Saw one that didn't even look like a Zelda game.