Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wii pricing: $250 or less

24 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm just glad we know that the general price range is confirmed...Curse you Sony! :angry:

Posted

(off topic but Canadian dollar is now 1.545...or is it vise versa?Gah....)

Anyways, they have to make it more expensive or otherwise their profits go down and they start to lose money and then they stop making new consoles and new games...

Think about it, I rather have them make it more expensive then hear the awful news that Sony won't be able to make any more new consoles or something much worse.

:huh:

Posted

[quote]Think about it, I rather have them make it more expensive then hear the awful news that Sony won't be able to make any more new consoles or something much worse.[/quote]

you mean nintendo right?

i wouldn;t really care if sony stopped making games consoles, the 3rd party developers only flock to them because its seen as the "cool " console. Without out, the third party developers would probabbly just spread out between microsoft and nintendo...

Wii may be sold at a slight loss at launch but so are all consoles these days, the ps3 probabbly costs $800 to make but they're selling them at $600, although a difference that large per console seems a bit pointless to me....

Posted

oooops..... :embarrassed:

all the companies have to do it anyways....you get the idea, right?

Posted

actually, i think this is the first time nintnedo have done ti recently, im pretty sure the DS seels at a prfit, unlike the SP. Of course the wii offers nintendo an oppurtunity to sell other things which don;t cost them as much (i.e. on the virtaul console) so you can expect the wii to be relatively cheap, i would expect $199 to be honest.

Posted

<_<
I agree with you Dustin. I went online and it is supposed to be 250$.

Posted

...I'll save up $300 just in case something happens within the next few months... :unsure:

Posted

$199 is the perfect price tag for a new console.

Posted

they've said it won;t go ABOVE $250, so you're not gonna need $300 for the console, might help to save up that much(or a bit more) to get an extra controller and a game is the wii does sell at $250..