Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wii pricing: $250 or less

24 posts in this topic

Posted

There's been a lot of talk and ideas about how Nintendo will be pricing the Wii, with most estimates around $200. Well, it's official now. Nintendo has released the official pricing of the Wii console: Under $250 in the US and

Posted

I do not think this "new" is true. Besides ti is inaccurate: $250 or less? No way, besides, no other internet page has published this new or any other new concerning the Wii price. It just crap I say, how come not even gamespot or even Nintendo web site announced this? How come the web site actually nows the price of the Wii? It not true. BTW, all Nintendo consoles have always cost $199 so i don't see why nintendo won't sell it at the same price.

Posted

You can see a lot of other sites reporting this here:

Google News Results

Posted

Less than $250 is between $0 and $249.99.

I highly doubt they will have it for less than $100 so I'm estimating $199.

Every other Nintendo console came out with $199 (the consoles, not the handhelds) so I think Nintendo should consider that pricing.

In an interview with Reggie on G4TV, he said Nintendo has a record for giving more fun with cheaper price.

Posted

Hmm... although I'm new here I wanted to state my opinion on this:

I guess that it's all right to assume that the price will definately be lower than $250, not only because Nintendo has always sold their consoles for about $200, but also because it's their only chance to compete against Sony.

As sad as it is, one has to admit that Nintendo lost a huge amount of consumers over the last 2 generations, and although Sony's console costs about twice as much, it will sell. There is no doubt about it, that there will be some people buying it at the launch, and other buying it later on, when it has become a bit cheaper and some great titles have been released.

So it is quite obious that Nintendo has to sell their hardware again quite cheap, to get a piece of the cake that's the console market.

So, I'm not that surprised that the price is so low, although it's nice to have it confirmed ;D

Posted

does somebody know the price for wii in europejava script:emoticon('B)', 'smid_15')

B)

Posted

I'd guess that it will cost roughly the same amount as in the USA, because the ratio

Posted

for a Euro you have to pay more then USD 1,20 :P

Posted

Wow, that much already? Didn't know that one... well, I guess the Wii won't be any cheaper because of that^^

Posted

Nintendo Europe executives have said that the price will be in-line in Europe and the UK to american prices, although we'll be seeing VAT added as well.

Assuming that the price does end up at $250, the UK price will be about

Posted

I remeber th gamecube was around the $200-$250 zone in pricing. So, i'm pretty sure that Nintendo wont go over $250; the never have. The super nintendo was in this pricing zone and so was the N64. Hey, Nintendo products arent as expensive.

Posted

all past nintendo home consoles have retailed at precisely $199 on launch, hmmmm.....

Posted

I was a little more then outrage of the price and confusson of the wii :angry: but nowing nintendo must come out with it im ok....well for now.

Posted

i heard the we would be around

Posted

personally if they're pushing this worldwide launch its going to be faster to wait for it to come out, its takes quite a while for things to get from japan to here...