Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Happy Mask Salesman & Majora

58 posts in this topic

Posted

My personal belief on the Happy Mask Man is that he represents Shigeru Miyamoto...He has some of the weirdest tricks in the games, can move between Termina and Hyrule freely it seems, can reset things back if you let the moon fall, when he moves he can skip frames, stares directly at the camera sometimes, owns a Mario mask (another Miyamoto character), and yet despite being able to control everything, he lets the player do it. He is a salesmen who likes to have fun just like Miyamoto, and they even share some similar physical traits.

Thats an awesome theory!!

The happy mask salesman could easily be based off of Shigeru Miyamoto!!

Posted

I'm bringing sexy back. For those new members that missed my theories, here they are again resurrected in all of their former splendor.

Almost missed this one.

Posted

Wow...................

Majora's Mask was always my second most hated Zelda game, but your theory's have intrigued me........I must think more of this. :unsure:

Posted

WOW that is interesting... ya but nindendo said something else... as Haha Guy said it...Majora was a Demon defeated by Fierce Diety, who then used the demon's remains to carve a mask, which then was passed down through Terminan tribes for a while causing destruction, until it was found by the Mask Salesman... so...

Posted

That was the manga's explanation, not Nintendo's. The manga isn't canon.

Posted

I love this game to death, but I knew it was the same skull kid... Isn't it? But I already know everything else.

Majora's Mask wasn't about saving a world from a falling moon.

I wish it was all about that.

It was about playing with an excluded child. After all, isn't friendship the true theme of Majora's Mask?

That is what makes the game retarted.

I have an idea. I'll post it on talk though.

Posted

Makes sense..... very interesting.

Posted

I love this game to death, but I knew it was the same skull kid... Isn't it? But I already know everything else.

I wish it was all about that.

That is what makes the game retarted.

I have an idea. I'll post it on talk though.

Stupidest post i ever saw in my life .__.

GM'S THEORYS ROCK. AND THEY MAKE PERFECT SENSE!!! >:D

Posted

ok, few problems with your theory

1. the mask salesman is not that old

2. he didn't have the mask in OOT and if he did, why would he bring it with him? he could have hidden it,

3. Nintendo didn't come up with a background story, so there is not possible way to know

Posted

Going with the actual backstory, your theory is impossible. Yet, I applaud you indulging yourself with it.

The Happy Mask Salesman has nothing to do with Majora's Mask, or the tribesman who created it.

I too had been long since pondering wtf was up with it, but I came across the official manga's, and learned the satisfying truth.

Zelda Manga

(I'm bound to post this link again; perhaps as a means to explain the Sheik ordeal.)

Posted

The manga is not canon to the series, and therefore does nothing.

GM's threory makes sense to me. Never really put much thought into the Happy Mask Salesman. I always just thought he needed help. .__.

Posted

Going with the actual backstory, your theory is impossible. Yet, I applaud you indulging yourself with it.

The Happy Mask Salesman has nothing to do with Majora's Mask, or the tribesman who created it.

I too had been long since pondering wtf was up with it, but I came across the official manga's, and learned the satisfying truth.

Zelda Manga

(I'm bound to post this link again; perhaps as a means to explain the Sheik ordeal.)

But how do you know that?

Like Oh Noes said, the manga isn't canon.

Posted (edited)

:ohmygod: As always, your theories are insightful and intriguing. Wow, many people tend to not think much of the Happy Mask Salesman, but you showed how incredible he may be. Awesome! :D And no, the manga isn't canon, although it is a good read. Edited by IAmVaati (see edit history)

Posted

I know they make sence, but I don't like the fact that the theme of the game is friendship. I understand why though because the Skull kid thought he lost his friends, the 4 giants, and reaked havik on the people of termina, and found out they were still friends I understand that, but if WW was a kids game, shouldn't that be the theme of it to teach kids that?

Posted

I always thought the theme of MM was happiness rather than friendship, but I guess everyone looks at things differently.