Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nintendo "disappointed" with their E3

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Thought Nintendo's hour-and-a-half at the Kodak Theatre for their E3 conference failed to deliver? You're not alone; Nintendo themselves feel the same way.

------

VGChartz talked with Nintendo of America's vice-president of sales and marketing Cammie Dunaway, who admitted during their interview that Nintendo didn't put on the best media briefing among the big three companies present--Sony, Microsoft, and themselves.

"I would say the message is we were disappointed with our performance at E3," Dunaway said. "There were titles like [i]Wario[/i] which we think will be really fun titles that we should have showcased."

So why didn't they? The reason she was hinting at was similar to what the company's global president Satoru Iwata said when [url="http://hyrule.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=7511"]he apologized for the noticeable lack of core titles announced at the briefing[/url] proper.

"We were excited that Mr. Miyamoto made the commitment that [i]Pikmin[/i] is coming. It would have been nice if we could have said that on stage. But, we think it was a good recognition for us that we care for our core fans, and not just the new people who are now discovering Nintendo."

Posted

the games will come, when the games are ready to come.

Posted

Roflroflrofl.
And they still muted Shigeru, despite him making a move that they considered healthy.
>(
Sahaqiel

Posted

Huh, it figures...Yeah, this year's WAS dissapointing. They'll have to pick it up next year if they still want to compete with Sony and Microsoft. I mean, come on, Sony just showed of God of War III and Micorsoft just showed Fable 2. Games that fans are going to froth over what did Nintendo get? An annoucement for a game and a new Animal Crossing. I love AC, but I was hoping to be jumping up and down at anew release this year......

...oh, well, off to beat GoW II again, haha.

Posted

Yeah, Cammie. You hide behind your propagandic words. This is all your fault anyways. You and your freakishness... :unsure:

Well, being self-aware is better than not realizing what you're doing; I commend thee, Nintendo, for knowing that you know how you stand. Now let's hope that this situation is "made right" for those people who are all like, "NINTENDO? SLKJSFJKFSX YOU MEAN THAT KIDDY STUFF?!"

:n_n:

Posted

That's a relief.

Posted

does this mean that nintendo will fail at the next e3?

Posted

E3 '08=Epic fail. This was made perfectly clear when JAGEX made it in....

Posted

[quote name='Doubleagent' post='163887' date='Aug 19 2008, 08:12 PM']E3 '08=Epic fail. This was made perfectly clear when JAGEX made it in....[/quote]

ya you tell me :faint:

Posted

well its either going 1 of 2 ways
1.Nintendo have a down fall and go bankrupt
2.they make crap annoncements for the next 12 months then come out with a game so good if you laugh at it youll get shot

Posted

First they silence Mr. Miyamoto, the one shining ray of light in the dark void of Nintendo's heart, then they side with him. They assure us that big name titles are coming, but fail to tell us anything about it. I'm pretty sure Nintendo is bullcrudding their way out of things by saying whatever the heck they want. I think I'm gonna go and buy myself an Xbox 360...

Posted

[quote name='lord jabu jabu' post='163968' date='Aug 20 2008, 06:28 AM']Nintendo have a down fall and go bankrupt[/quote]
That would most likely never happen. Nintendo's the only company making money off its consoles: Sony's losing money with every PS3 produced, and Microsoft's still dealing with Red Ring of Death repairs. Nintendo, on the other hand, reported a billion-dollar profit in just half a year thanks to Wii and the DS.

Even if their consoles failed, they still own many, [i]many[/i] lucrative syndicated game series. They make money every time someone like Mario or Pikachu are mentioned in a TV show.

[quote name='Embezzle' post='163989' date='Aug 20 2008, 08:05 AM']First they silence Mr. Miyamoto, the one shining ray of light in the dark void of Nintendo's heart, then they side with him. They assure us that big name titles are coming, but fail to tell us anything about it. I'm pretty sure Nintendo is bullcrudding their way out of things by saying whatever the heck they want. I think I'm gonna go and buy myself an Xbox 360...[/quote]

Two third-party hardcore titles were already confirmed for Wii recently: [i]The Conduit[/i] a little before E3 (a first-person shooter), and [i]Disaster: Day of Crisis[/i] was reconfirmed yesterday. I personally don't see why people keep tripping over this. Eyeoftruth said it perfectly: "the games will come, when the games are ready to come".