Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hyrule Races

13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

In many Zelda games there is a reasonably vast overworld. Here we compete to beat each other's records for fastest travel from the farthest point South to the farthest point North using any means necessary.

Here is the template:

Name: Jared!

Game: Twilight Princess

Method: eg. Horseback then walking / Walking entire way / Spinner entire way etc.

Time: [Min]:[sec]:[Mil-sec] (if the way you are timing it does not have mili-seconds don't bother adding them)

Records are kept per game and per method. You may use warping as long as you make it known under method. I suggest beating the game first (or right before the final boss battle) so that you can easily get from point A to point B with all items.

This game goes by the honor system so please don't just say you beat a record it just ruins it for everyone.

This post will be updated as often as possible to show records.

TWILIGHT PRINCESS RECORDS:

Method: I rode on Epona until I got to Zora's domain where I can't use her anymore.

Time: 4:32:59

WIND WAKER RECORDS:

Game: Wind Waker

Method: Boat Entire Way

Time: 11:43:26

OCARINA OF TIME RECORDS:

Name: Teto

Game: Ocarina of Time

Method: Walking

Time: 2:34

Edited by Jared! (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

I just set new records in both Twilight Princess and Wind Waker! yay!

(I guess that seeing as though I am the first one)

Method: I rode on Epona until I got to Zora's domain where I can't use her anymore.

Time: 4:32:59

Game: Wind Waker

Method: Boat Entire Way

Time: 11:43:26

I ran into one of those great big octo-things or whatever they are called (the ones with the cinematic type battle) and he slowed me down considerably so someone could easily beat that one

Edited by Jared! (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Sorry, but this is confusing. How do we play this?

Anyone want to be on my signature? Just pick an animal and I'll put you on my signature alongside a picture of your chosen animal. ^-^

Edited by Bathykolpian (see edit history)

Posted

What you do is you play a finished or nearly completed file of a Zelda game. You go to the farthest point South in the overworld and, using a timer of some sort, time how long it takes you to get from there to the farthest point North. for example, in Twilight Princess, you would start at the very back of Ordon Ranch, start timing, and go as fast as possible to get to the very back Zora's Domain. We then compete to get the fastest time. Does that make sense?

Posted (edited)

Yeah. Jeez. What about wind waker? That would be a challenge. All my Zelda games are broken or lost so I can't play them just now. Damn. I could time how long it took me to run from one side of Tamriel to the other in the Elder Scrolls IV. Now that would be a challenge. It actually takes at least half an hour pretty much.

Oh well. I'll leave you to it.

Anyone want to be on my signature? Just pick an animal and I'll put you on my signature alongside a picture of your chosen animal. ^-^

Posted

I would do the Twilight Princess race right now...unfortunately, I've seem to have lost my Twilight Princess disk. :cry:

Posted

Excuses. Excuses. Well. I'll time myself running accross Tamriel in The Elder Scrolls IV.

Posted

Bathykolpian, STOP putting that in almost every post, if they want to be in it, they will have replied to your topic.

Posted

Sorry. I've stopped doing it now though. It was only last night.

End of discussion.

Back on topic. I've been warned for going off topic (sort of) so I'm trying to stop going off-topic so that I can have my warn level decreased.

Posted

Hmm,

You need to go on every place from Hyrule?

Posted (edited)

Just say which way you went. Like from ordon, into castle town via hyrule field, through Castle town, etc. then the next person can choose whether they want to take a new route or beat your record. That's how I would play it.

From one side of the map to the other.

Posted

My original idea was that you take any route you want and try to get from the farthest point south to the farthest point North. In games like Wind Waker where the overworld is unusually square you start from any point you feel like. (personally I started from the square next to outset Island as close as I could get to where the king of Red Lions says that you can't go any farther) Records are kept based on your method of transportation for example, in TP there could be different records for Walking, Horse backing, Warping, Spinner as much as possible etc... The trick is to strategize which route you want to take.

Posted

OOT

2:34

I walked.