The Death Penalty

47 posts in this topic

Posted

What do you think about the death penalty?

Discuss

Posted

FOr it, all I'll say for now, I'll let it get a bit further in.

Posted

I'm a strong believer that if you kill someone intentionally, you shouldn't be allowed to live anymore either. If the Death Penalty is the way to do it, then so be it.

It's a bit of a stretch to compare animals to humans in some sense, but if a dog kills a chicken/goose on a farm, in most cases the dog is killed. A life for a life. That's the way it should be.

I know this might sound a little extreme too, but judging on the way a person is killed intentionally, the murderer should be killed in the same manner...

Posted

Well, lets loook at it this way, people who intentionally kill other people, are generaly capable of repeating ths act, and are the scum of society, you might rule out husbands who come home to their wives in bed with another man, but he stil shouldn't do it. now personally, i don't want the scum of society running the streets, so some say to just lock them up for life. Well, problem here, I pay taxes, some of my taxes go to jail, where it costs just about $54 a DAY to keep each person in jail. now, i federal life senence isn't actuallt life, it's 40 years, that means one murderer with on elife entence, who lives through the whole thing costs US $788,400. All the time giving him/her more criinal connections, three squares a day, and a place to sleep. Things a lot of them never had to begin with, just to let them go out and roam the streets again. Screw that, one $2000 dollar injection and they're done, do not pass go, do not collect two hundred dollars. Dead people can't be repeat offenders. However, it should only be used for murderers and, in my opinion, rapists, the low of the low.

Posted (edited)

people like murderers should be kileed, because they keep killing others, but we humans don't have the right to kill another man even if he is a murderer, so it's not if a murderer should be killed or not but if we have the right to kill them. :P

However, it should only be used for murderers and, in my opinion, rapists, the low of the low.

if we murder murderers, why don't we rape rapists? :pirate:

Edited by LDGM (see edit history)

Posted

^ If you would like to, sure. But i'd rather just inject them.

Posted

I Agree Withevery One Death Penelty Is A Good Way To Rid The Evil Does From This World.

Posted

I Agree Withevery One Death Penelty Is A Good Way To Rid The Evil Does From This World.

it does work, but if there was another way then maybe....

Posted

Undecided. I'm British. We don't have it but in some cases it would be alright I guess.

Posted

Against.

Showing the world that killing people is wrong... by killing them. Bad logic.

I would consider life in prison a more hellish punishment.

Posted

Considering everything, I'm against it.

"An eye for an eye" just doesn't seem right to me.

Posted

Hmmm. You're right... The best punishment I've seen is on the show Heroes where a villain who is immortal is buried alive in a coffin.

Eternal boredom.

Classic.

Posted

Against.

Showing the world that killing people is wrong... by killing them. Bad logic.

I would consider life in prison a more hellish punishment.

That's why I'm against the death penalty, as well. Also in part because I value life, even if it's a criminal's life.

Posted

People can change their ways and I think we should give them the chance to do so.

Posted

I think They should bring back the electric chair.

That was said to be torture, but only for the real bad ones.

But I think that the death penalty should only be for the sick, terrible, evil people of the world.

Some people don't deserve a second chance. Prison doesn't change the truly evil.

Sure some people don't deserve death. If you steal $3,000,000,000 you shouldn't get death. It's just money.

But some people deserve the worst, most painful death imaginable.