Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

News Reporters Wanted

34 posts in this topic

Posted

I would like to apply for the job here is a sample article.

New Mysteries Unravled for Phantom Hourglass

In a recent article in Nintendo Power Issue 205 they gave new info that revealed some information concerning the new DS game, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. The game will take place a few months folowing the closing scenes of Wind Waker. A mysterious fog enshrouds Tetra's Pirate Ship and Link falls into the ocean. Link is awakened by a fairy. Producer Eiji Aonuma has revealed the stylus use in the gameplay. He said, "My main objective was to develop a Zelda game controlled only with the stylus." Much like the version of Twilight Princess for the Nintendo Wii the fairy will be the cursor for the touch screen. Aonuma has also revealed that in Phantoim Hourglass Link will find one primary dungeon. He will have to go to other small dungeons to advance in the primary dungeon when he can't advance through it anymore. There will be enemies that will hunt down Link in the game called Chasers. The Chasers will be shown on the map to help navigate Link through the dungeon. If you are caught by a Chaser you are killed in one hit.

Source: Nintendo Power Issue 205 Pages 54-58

Posted

This sucks man!!!!!!! I thought I would be picked. But you just went ahead and picked the guy wiith the worse grammor. *Deletes site permanently* *Joins land of the legend* bye shitty site that I stayed with for 1 year and a half...

People that act like this are the kind of people we want to avoid ending up on our staff...

Posted

A little hint... *Showing your sources will help a lot. It will show you have facts, and not rumors siding with your works.*

Posted

Twlight Princess Hyrule to have seasons?

Over the past few weeks since E3, IGN Wii has released some beautiful videos of Link fishing at a lake.

IGN Wii Twilight Princess Videos

Note: Look out for the wonderful reflections in the water.

On closer inspection you may notice the colour of the leaves and general colour scheme is different in each video. One video looks like it may be set during fall, with redish and orange coloured leaves, while another may be set in spring with pinkish white coloured leaves. After this one must assume the game will have seasons. This also may lead you into thinking that hyrule will have a winter season aswell. Proven by this old screenshot.

22.jpg

Unlike previous Zelda games with designated winter areas like Snowhead in Majora's Mask, the whole world of hyrule may change seasons over certain periods of time. A question I would like to ask is if you can change the seasons youself, similarly to the Wind Waker and Ocarina of Time. If this is true, think of all the amazing puzzles that could be created using this unique mechanic.

Posted

i shure liked to help, i am a member of some gaming magazines wich are verry up to date, i am a member of the nintendo club. and i look for zelda news evry week... and evry friday i follow the updates on a game show.
i shure am up to date... i'd like to help!

Posted

well, u didn;t know about the wii controls for twilight princes but il let that pass :D

If you post an example article it should give you a better chance of getting a place (you're unlikely to get in if you don't). So you should..

Im surprised nobody else has really posted, they seemed to stop after dustin gave me a place, they just failed to notice that he said 1st, implieng there were more open...

Posted

ok, i'm a bit bussy the next to weeks(i need to pass this year of school and make my exams, and i'm having my birthday... YAY), but i will try to make a article of the Twilight Princess... just how long do you want it to be?

Posted

well consdering mine got me in, that should be a good example (although most of the others would have been long enough as well) so you'll just want to look on the last page.

Posted

we'll see :D

Posted

[quote name='Gratock' post='968' date='Jun 19 2006, 03:28 AM']ok, i'm a bit bussy the next to weeks(i need to pass this year of school and make my exams, and i'm having my birthday... YAY), but i will try to make a article of the Twilight Princess... just how long do you want it to be?[/quote]

You can make it as long as you like. It's up to you.

Posted

I would like to join it, i'm a good writer of zelda story... i showed my story of zelda to my great friends and they say i'm a great writer, they love it and they cant wait to hear my story to be finish and i'm still writing the story... :D

Posted

well don;t post if you're not interested :rolleyes:

Posted

*clears throat* I would like to be a news reporter!I have done a newspaper article before for my school so I have experience!

Posted

Hello! I would really like to have a position on the news reporters staff. I believe I have very good grammar and spelling, especially since I have managed to secure straight As in my reading and writing classes. :D I have been a fan of Zelda for several years, and I love this site a lot. Most people I have met consider me to be a friendly person as well, if anyone is reassured by that. I can also post every day, sometimes several times throughout the day, unless something comes up. I am usually very up-to-date on Zelda news as well.

Here is an example article (I don't think it's very new, but it's an EXAMPLE! :P ) that I have put together.

Tingle: Getting a Promotion?

It appears that Nintendo has decided to put together another Zelda game, this time a Tingle RPG. The game title is in Japanese, so it has been difficult to translate. However, some websites, such as 1up and The Hylia, have gotten names relatively close in appearance. According to 1up, the name is "Freshly-Picked Tingle's Pink-Colored Rupee Land". The Hylia reads the name as "Fresh Tingle's Rose Colored Rupee Land". In both cases, the game is not very appealing to a wide range of Nintendo fans.
It has been decided that Tingle's new game is coming out on the DS. This game seems to follow a middle-aged man living a dull life. One day he responds to a mysterious invitation of "Come to the spring" and gets mixed up in a sort of wager. A man named Rupee-ji (a skinny man with a Rupee head) invites our "hero" to throw some of the familiar Hyrulian currency into the spring, thus opening up a world known as the "Happy Land", a land where wine, women, and song are abundant. As soon as our protagonist agrees to give it a try, he is transformed and appears as the Tingle we know (and maybe not quite love) today. It appears there will also be a female fairy named Pinkle around as well.
The game looks like it will feature even more Wind Waker graphics with a twist. Tingle is reported as shown in both costume and office attire. No gameplay was given, but two screens show a type of calculator interface.
According to a scan from a Japanese magazine, where the whole possibility of this game began, the game is scheduled for a 2006 release. However, when Nintendo was asked about this project, they neither comfirmed nor denied its existence. So it looks like anyone looking forward to seeing something like this will just have to hope for the best.

I hope you like it, it took me a little while! I know it's not terribly long, but still.... :) I would really like a spot, please consider me well! :D

Resources: [url="http://www.zeldauniverse.net/content/view/557/2/"]http://www.zeldauniverse.net/content/view/557/2/[/url]
[url="http://board.iexbeta.com/index.php?showtopic=64031&pid=714156&st=0&#entry714156"]http://board.iexbeta.com/index.php?showtop...=0&#entry714156[/url]

(Edit: Do I get the spot or not? It's been over a week...)

Posted

thats a good report...i would pick that