Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

White Wolf

11 posts in this topic

Posted

I just thought of this while playing TP. I think that the Hero's Shade (White Wolf) is the spirit of the link from OOT/MM.

Posted (edited)

A lot of people have stumbled across this already. I think the biggest hint is that a lot of the "songs" that the White Wolf howls are wolf-versions of the songs Link learned during his adventure in OoT. He even calls Link "my child" at some point; I'm not saying that means the Undead/White Wolf guy is TP Link's father, but he could be connected to Link's roots/lineage SOMEHOW, as a great-great(however many greats it takes) grandfather. I could be wrong though.

*Edit: I just remembered something; when the Hero's Shade teaches you the Mortal Draw technique, he tells Link that the techniques he's learned are forgotten ways "that do not leave our bloodline". He doesn't say "my" bloodline there, he says "OUR". That HAS to be another big hint right there.

Edited by DorkLink (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Personally, while I can see all the hints and allusions that would make this plausible, I'd really rather not see the Hero of Time brought back to life in this game only to be an undead swordsman spirit who's only semi-necessary to interact with to complete the game. It's like much of Twilight Princess in connection to Zelda mythos, FAR too vague. I'd rather like a game to feature two Links to do so with a bit more, I don't know, importance.

I would have rather seen the Hero of Time appear to sell this Link into his role as a defender of Hyrule instead of him taking the gig primarily to help out Midna. It's admirable that he would do that, but when they introduce Ganondorf the tension between them is gone. He's just another baddie to Link. Just like his costume and sword are just a part of this part-time role he's taken on.

Edited by TheTrueLegend (see edit history)

Posted

Please put proof in your theory, or it is not a theory.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Saha, this is obviously a theory. Stop policing the Theory board.

When we get a "Fact" board, feel free to police that.

Posted

I'm sorry, I was under the impression that theories are at least slightly educated guesses.

How is anyone going to see it your way if you don't provide why you think so yourself?

"I just thought of this while playing TP. I think that the Hero's Shade (White Wolf) is the spirit of the link from OOT/MM."

This is just a thought. Nothing supports it.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Heard of this before and I also beive that it

Posted

Saha, considering that the description of the board includes nonsense about a fourth Triforce piece and whether or not Tingle is gay, both of which are baseless, I'm inclined to feel that a little more ground could be given. Obviously there should be a limit to that, but there shouldn't be a no tolerance policy. This obviously isn't a rigid, timeline-focused site, and while those great discussions may occasionally take place here, it's supposed to be a more relaxed environment than that.

Besides, look at how many threads in the Theory board are moved to this board, while this board is clogged with pages and pages of threads. It's unnecessary.

Posted

Yeah. I just finished saying that on a different topic.

To see it in the Zelda Wiki, click here.

Posted

A lot of people have stumbled across this already. I think the biggest hint is that a lot of the "songs" that the White Wolf howls are wolf-versions of the songs Link learned during his adventure in OoT. He even calls Link "my child" at some point; I'm not saying that means the Undead/White Wolf guy is TP Link's father, but he could be connected to Link's roots/lineage SOMEHOW, as a great-great(however many greats it takes) grandfather. I could be wrong though.

*Edit: I just remembered something; when the Hero's Shade teaches you the Mortal Draw technique, he tells Link that the techniques he's learned are forgotten ways "that do not leave our bloodline". He doesn't say "my" bloodline there, he says "OUR". That HAS to be another big hint right there.

I think "our" would mean the bloodline of hero's in other words there has multiple hints that there are different links and that there are links, between those links(I also feel the name "link" has something to do with this whole thing) such as in WW where the boat says to jabun that He is not connected to the "bloodline" but later finds out he is. which would mean that he is just one of the links in the line.

Posted

I'm sorry, I was under the impression that theories are at least slightly educated guesses.

How is anyone going to see it your way if you don't provide why you think so yourself?

"I just thought of this while playing TP. I think that the Hero's Shade (White Wolf) is the spirit of the link from OOT/MM."

This is just a thought. Nothing supports it.

Sahaqiel

I can actually turn to the scientific method to help prove you right. you think of a problem such as a mystery in zelda, then you do research on said problem and make a hypothesis(or thoery) which is an educated guess. This has been the way that multiple scientist have come about problems whether they are associated with already known "facts" or not. and yes there is a stage of expierementation which would involve trying to fit that into many different timelines until it fits.