Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Customers not wanting Wii anymore?

10 posts in this topic

Posted

I was clicking through the internet and found a recent article about the nintendo wii so I had read it and thought that maybe i should let People know at hyrule.net to know what's happening about the wii... so for those who haven't purchased a nintendo wii i'd rather wait until this is fixed or you can take the risks...

by. Tom Bramwell

Nintendo of America has moved quickly to sort out problems experienced by a handful of Wii owners whose consoles were "bricked" by a WiiConnect24 downloadable update.

Advertisement

The patch, of sorts, appears to have crippled a small number of consoles, and Nintendo's admitted that these will need to be replaced.

According to a report on IGN, the company has offered to replace consoles within 3-4 business days, although it will take slightly longer (4-10 days) to process consoles where customers want to retrieve stored data (for example, downloaded Virtual Console games).

Nintendo UK said that it expected the teething problems that have led to the problem to be resolved in time for the console's launch here on 8th December.

Posted

I was clicking through the internet and found a recent article about the nintendo wii so I had read it and thought that maybe i should let People know at hyrule.net to know what's happening about the wii... so for those who haven't purchased a nintendo wii i'd rather wait until this is fixed or you can take the risks...

by. Tom Bramwell

Nintendo of America has moved quickly to sort out problems experienced by a handful of Wii owners whose consoles were "bricked" by a WiiConnect24 downloadable update.

Advertisement

The patch, of sorts, appears to have crippled a small number of consoles, and Nintendo's admitted that these will need to be replaced.

According to a report on IGN, the company has offered to replace consoles within 3-4 business days, although it will take slightly longer (4-10 days) to process consoles where customers want to retrieve stored data (for example, downloaded Virtual Console games).

Nintendo UK said that it expected the teething problems that have led to the problem to be resolved in time for the console's launch here on 8th December.

IGN...KNOWN FOR RUMORS.....DOI!!!!!!!! GEEZ...... <_< lol This Absolutly has got to go in the Rumors Section.....Speaking of that My friend has this Rumor about the Music in TP Trailers...You can check it out in the Rumors, Glithes & Tricks section.....

Posted

acualy, this error happedned cus of the server clusters, and due from the clustered servers the downloads couldnt be completed. and then stuffed up ur wii. but this wont stop ppl from buying a wii, itl just make them wait a while b4 useing the internet on their wii.

Posted

well im glad i saw this cause i made it up in my mind to dl a link to the past as soon as i got the wii...if i can ever find one lol

Posted

well im glad i saw this cause i made it up in my mind to dl a link to the past as soon as i got the wii...if i can ever find one lol

I SHOUL'VE KNOWN THE DOWNLOADES WOUD CAUSE VIRUSES....GEEZ, HOW COUL I HAVE BEEN SUCH A DORK?

Theses Games should Scratch your itch for a while...

G.B.A.:

TLoZ: ALttP/Four Swords

Classic NES Series

Super Mario Advance Series

Sonic the Hedgwehog Genesis

Gamecube:

Loz: OoT and OoT Master Quest Double Pack (The one that you got for Pre-Ordering TWW, The Mario Kart Double Dash Game, or Buying Mario Kart Double Dash) *<~ Recently Saw this one at EB Games*

TLoZ: Four games in one pack ( The one with Oot, MM, The Original, and Adventure of Link) (Srry, I Don't know how to get this one....)

But we should all have known better when the announced you could DOWNLOAD Old Games....

--------------

Posted

this wasn't off of of IGN....

Posted

I hope the UK doesn't get the same problems. I live there, by the way.

Posted

It's true, but it's rare. It didn't happen to me and likely won't happen hereafter, so it doesn't really bother me at all.

Posted

I SHOUL'VE KNOWN THE DOWNLOADES WOUD CAUSE VIRUSES....GEEZ, HOW COUL I HAVE BEEN SUCH A DORK?

Theses Games should Scratch your itch for a while...

G.B.A.:

TLoZ: ALttP/Four Swords

Classic NES Series

Super Mario Advance Series

Sonic the Hedgwehog Genesis

Gamecube:

Loz: OoT and OoT Master Quest Double Pack (The one that you got for Pre-Ordering TWW, The Mario Kart Double Dash Game, or Buying Mario Kart Double Dash) *<~ Recently Saw this one at EB Games*

TLoZ: Four games in one pack ( The one with Oot, MM, The Original, and Adventure of Link) (Srry, I Don't know how to get this one....)

But we should all have known better when the announced you could DOWNLOAD Old Games....

--------------

true, that never crossed my mind, lol, but hopefully it'll get fixed, unfortunately, i've already scratched my itches with those games, minus a link to the past, i lost my gba, so i havnt been able to finish it <_<

but im sure nintendo will fix this problemo ASAP, if it's just a problem with the internet they wouldnt have to recall anything, no biggie, and i've noticed pretty much EVERY console has problems when it first comes out, lol, but as much as nintendo cares, im sure this problem will be fixed before i even get a wii!

Posted

--------------

that's The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition. I believe it was sold in stores for a VERY short time. I have a copy. You can only buy it off of eBay and used game stores now.