Bomb & Sword Trick

20 posts in this topic

Posted

I saw this just yesterday on YouTube. It's a way to reach rock and ledges that Link is normally not allowed to reach. After you've earned the Hidden Skill that is like a jump slice but with a shock-wave (the name of it escapes me), you can go up to a ledge, put a bob down, and charge up your sword for this attack. When the bomb is about to detonate, you release your attack. That way Link is already in the air when the bomb goes off, which sends him high enough into the air to reach the unreachable ledges.

Has anyone ever tried this trick? I'm going to play later tonight and see how it works....the players from YouTube are trying to use this trick to find a way into the beta forest. Which would be cool, but I want to see where this trick could really come in handy. If it can get me across the gorge somehow, that would rock....but it might just be lots of fun. :biggrin:

I'll post my results tomorrow if I can; and if anyone else tries this I'd like to know where you were able to go.

Posted

I don't think that it could get you across a gorge. You just go high, not very far. ._.

Posted

Okay, I tried the trick. It's all a matter of timing, but I managed to get onto that ledge in the Sacred Grove. But I couldn't get past that first line of "foliage". I need to watch that video again and see how they did it....

And I looked around the gorge area....there's no way across. It just makes me really sad. :(

And I have the GC version and I could do it, so this trick works with both the Wii and the GC.

Posted

Hrrm... That's pretty neat :D

I'll have to try it sometime.

One question, what's the Beta Forest?

Posted

Well, if you remember what the first Twilight Princess trailer looked like, it was nothing like the game we have today. It was the beta version of the game. So when the developers change things from the beta version, they either scrap them, or leave them in the game where no one can see them or reach them. Many players think that the forest they originally designed for the game, a.k.a the beta forest, is still in the game somewhere, and that with some clever rule-breaking, someone might be able to find it.

Posted

Coolio. I want to try it.

Posted

I've tried it, it's kinda hard to get right sometimes. It doesn't send you THAT high. It's not even a real glitch, because you're supposed to go flying when a bomb blows up right next to you...

Posted

I've done this countless times. I was also in the search for the legendary beta forest.

But, I suppose they just took it out.

I basically searched all of the forested Hyrule. Well, there were some good places, like in the Sacred Grove, there are some suspicious areas. But the one at the back of the Master Sword's pedestal has been debunked by Gameshark jumpers.

There is an EXTREMELY STRONG invisible wall in Faron Woods, though.

No way over it.

Very suspicious.

Sahaqiel

Posted

The game developers certainly did a good job tying up their loose ends. The boundaries are very strong in TP; too strong for my tastes. XD I need to get Action Replay....

Posted

there are areas not even an AR can break through,

like in OOT, in Forest Temple, there are a bunch of invisible walls

Posted

I may can find out all of the bottom if there are other beta things in TP except the 2 enemies with AR

With some application named Trucha you look deep to into the files :)

I also have the demo of Zelda of the E3 at the moment on my computer...

So at least... there will be some beta things on? :P

I may reply again with info :P

Posted

Cool, i have attempted this so much but cant do it. Any tips?

Posted

Cool, i have attempted this so much but cant do it. Any tips?

It's all a matter of timing. And it take practice to get both the perfect location and perfect timing right. I did it for about an hour and a half, and I probably made it onto the ledge maybe a dozen times.

Posted

Hmm, interesting maybe I'll try it some time.

Posted

...?

It's that hard for you guys?

Once you know when to jump, it's really easy. Five minutes top, for practice...

I think it was when it was two "glows" from exploding.

I dunno.

Oh, but guys, you may want to do the Infinite Bomb & Arrow Glitch before you try this. It makes it a WHOLE lot easier, believe me.

Sahaqiel