Game Remakes

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

What are your favorite remakes of games?

Which games do you think deserve a makeover?

Final Fantasy?

Mario?

Legend of Zelda?

Pokemon?

Anything.

Which remakes are your favorite?

Which ones are you looking forward to?

Which ones do you think have the replay value to make it as a remake?

Discuss here.

Me? I personally want a good remake of Metal Gear Solid, Pokemon Gold/ Silver/ Crystal/ Yellow, Legend of Zelda Majoras Mask and Ocarina of Time.

I'm sure there are more out there in desperate need of a remake, but which ones?

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted

Well, I say they should remake LTTP with TP graphics

Pokemon G/S

Posted

I wouldn't mind seeing a remake of Perfect Dark (and yes, I know about Perfect Dark Zero, but that was more of a sequel, and was really bad IMO. I'm talking about a full-out remake. ^^)

Posted

I would love to either see a 3D Chrono Trigger remake, or at least another game in the series. I'm convinced that they could've done more with the series at the end of Chrono Cross... I recall a group had a fan-made 3D Chrono Trigger in the making, but it was shut down a while back, and it was a shame because it looked like it had a LOT of potential.

I wouldn't mind seeing a 3D Kid Icarus game. I'm sure they can figure out some way to use the motion sensor capability of the Wiimote to make a player feel like he's actually pulling back the draw string of a bow, "letting go" and shooting an arrow. I've seen them do a "katana-draw-slice" motion in Wario Ware, so why not a bow and arrow motion?

Posted (edited)

I think that these following games should have a remake:

Diddy Kong Racing should have a remake: It was a great game.

Mario Kart except it has two people like double dash: Special items, Unique use of characters but it still feels like something that most racing games should have like it should have better random items and more items and a better system of Rarity and difficulty.

I like these following remakes:

Super Mario 64: It's easy and short but it's pretty fun.

Defend your castle: is a game you can get on WII Ware. IT was originally on the an certain site but it was remade and put on WII Ware (there was blood in the original and the game had a few flaws with making the units.) But the WII Ware vesion was too cartoony and thus weekend the idea of defending your castle I mean Soda bottle tops for heads?!! What age are we in again?

Edited by Frost Giant (see edit history)

Posted

I think they should make a remake of oot and put TP graphics on it.

Posted

video game remake?

either earthbound or super mario kart and mario kart 64 with a Wii wheel mechanic. then we could see the original rainbow road

Posted

I think they should make a remake of oot and put TP graphics on it.

That's what I want. But maybe, if it's powerful enough, I think that they OoT and MM should be put on DS.

I also leveled up all your things.

Posted

I think they should stop wasting time remaking games and make new fresh ones.

Although I can't complain about re-releasing some gamecube games on the wii if the added motion control does a good job, as they don't take long to make...

Posted

A remake of OoT. Yessss. With a style still true to itself, but y'know...better. Fully orchestrated soundtrack too. God that would be a dream come true for me.

Oh, and an Earthbound remake. That would be nice. Not like it'll ever happen, though.

Posted

I think they should stop wasting time remaking games and make new fresh ones.

Although I can't complain about re-releasing some gamecube games on the wii if the added motion control does a good job, as they don't take long to make...

Yeah. Fair enough. But they have to pay attention to what they're doing. I bought Harvest Moon: Magical Melody, which was on Gamecube in America exclusively. I bought it when I noticed that they released it over here exclusively on Wii. I got it and was disappointed. The instructions referred to the gamecube controller, the box art title screen depicted the girl as well, though it was an option to play as one and the motion sensitive controls were horrible. Many a time I ran howe tired, a tool still in my hand, and I accidentally adjusted my hand to be more comfortable, therefore moving the controller, making my character swing his axe at the ground and fall unconscious.

Terrible game.

Posted

Oh, Teto have you ever heard of the game "harvest the moon" It's a game where you plant plants on the moon (just kidding it's a fake game,) but yeah it's a terrible game and stupid game.

Posted

I like it when japan-only games are remade and re-released globally (like they're doing with Fire Emblem 1), but that's it.

Posted

Oh, Teto have you ever heard of the game "harvest the moon" It's a game where you plant plants on the moon (just kidding it's a fake game,) but yeah it's a terrible game and stupid game.

I don't know why I like Harvest Moon. I play it for a while, then I get bored of it. But I always go back to it. I was never a fan of crops. I always raised livestock. Noting else.

It's just got loads of things to do in my opinion. My friend always makes money by fishing and mining.

But he always gets bored of it too.

Posted

they should make remakes of pokemon gold, silver, and crystal