Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

College?

16 posts in this topic

Posted

I was just wondering if anyone else on here might be a college student...? If so, where do you go? Are you a freak like me and actually enjoy it? :biggrin:

Posted

yeah there are a couple of us in college or uni or some sort of tertiary education.

Im at a music uni in sydney. I enjoy it.. most of the time.

what do you study?

Posted

I'm studying art at my local community college (aka two-year college) here in Tennessee. I really like going to a small school, but I'll go to a larger university for my Master's in Art.

Posted

I'm planing to go to a four year maritime college. I might go to Cal Maritime.

Posted

I'm going to the University of Oklahoma.... I like my Japanese class :D

Posted

I like my Japanese class :D

Because you have your own private tutor outside of the classroom. :>

It'll be two more years before I get to college. I'm kinda excited to go, like I can already picture myself there, but actually getting there is kind of a let down. College apps, community service, all that stuff. :/ I'm most likely going to San Diego State University because it has the majors I want (I wanna double-major in history and the Japanese language) and my tuition is free if I go there. But I have been considering a few others like UCSD or Point Loma Nazarene University... I'm planning to apply to an ivy league like Harvard, too. xp I'm not expecting to get in, but I want to see what happens. A lot of schools back east will especially keep an eye out for applicants who are of ethnic descent (like me!), and they'll pay for your tuition and dorming if your family makes under a certain amount of income. :D

Posted

I definatley plan to go after high school. I plan to transfer from a community college to a 4-year university. Technically, though, I did take college summer school classes before freshman year... :unsure:

Posted

After I finish high-school I will certainly apply for college. I'm planning on applying for CalTech, Texas Tech, MIT (my oldest and biggest dream is to go there), Southern Methodist University, Abilene Christian, Colorado Christian, Duke, and A&M.

A&M and Texas Tech are my "Safety Schools" in the event that the other 5 turn me down. Hopefully that won't happen.

Posted

I'm going to go to (apparantly) the most prefered ICT colledge in the UK, after i do my GCSEs.

Posted

Myself, I want to major in Studio Art but I also want to study Japanese....that's why I want to go to Maryville College. It's a smallish private school, and they have the Japanese courses I crave. I'd have to go to MTSU otherwise, which is a city in itself. XP

Except the total cost comes to $38,000 a year....... :fear:

Posted

I've pretty much short listed it to three colleges.

San Diego State Univeristy

University of California, San Diego

University of California, Irvine

I'm also gonna research and maybe consider applying for others like UC Santa Barbara or some private colleges like Point Loma Nazarene or University of San Diego (and like I said, a few of the ivy leagues :D). But really, SDSU is pretty much where I'm going for sure. It has majors in history and Japanese (as do UCSD and UCI), my brother goes there right now as well as a nursing major so commuting should be much easier, and if I go there (as well as the other two), my tuition will be free. :D

I also want to study Japanese....they have the Japanese courses I crave.

SDSU has study-abroad programs, where they'll send students majoring or minoring in one of their offered languages to that country for either a year or a semester (State offers majors in French, German, Japanese, Russian and Spanish). I'm pretty sure UCSD and UCI have similar programs and I know they offer more languages to major in... but there's something about State that really attracts me. Maybe it's because Playboy ranked it as the third top party school in the country? ;D

If you haven't yet, guys, check out College Board. It's a super invaluable resource in helping you decide what you want to do post-high school.

Posted

I'm pretty sure UCSD and UCI have similar programs and I know they offer more languages to major in... but there's something about State that really attracts me. Maybe it's because Playboy ranked it as the third top party school in the country? ;D

Hehehe....that's another reason I'm avoiding MTSU. It's infamous as a party school, and I'm not a party girl.....I'd rather stay home and play Zelda. :biggrin:

And there's a lot of crime...some student tried to get out of midterms not long ago by making a terrorist threat there. XD He got arrested...freaking moron. :D

Posted

I'm studying art at my local community college (aka two-year college) here in Tennessee. I really like going to a small school, but I'll go to a larger university for my Master's in Art.

I'm in the same boat as you, I'm at my local getting my core classes done till i transfer to a 4 year, whenever i can find/finance one hopefully not to far down the road...and i plan to get it in Networking or Computer Programming

Posted

I'm in the same boat as you, I'm at my local getting my core classes done till i transfer to a 4 year, whenever i can find/finance one hopefully not to far down the road...and i plan to get it in Networking or Computer Programming

That's what I really like about community colleges. It's something to do, even if you're not sure where you really want to go yet, and it's cheap as dirt, for a college. :D

Posted

*waves hand* ^____^

first year freshman w0000t~~ at cal state fullerton :] since csuf is a commuter school i dont see a lot of people often, but it's still pretty awesome. new people every day~