Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you buy The Wind Waker for Wii?

32 posts in this topic

Posted

Nintendo confirmed that they'd be bringing games that were originally for the GameCube to Wii, with completely redone control schemes for the Wii Remote and Nunchuk. Should Nintendo bring motion controls to The Wind Waker a la Twilight Princess, would you buy it?

Posted

if the controls was the only thing new, then no. I think this is a bad move for nintendo, they're not really creating anything new, just making money.

Posted

No I would not.
Wind Waker is probably the only recent Zelda game which was actually good.

I do not want to see them **** it up by adding waggle.

Posted

QUOTE (Twili @ Nov 3 2008, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No I would not.
Wind Waker is probably the only recent Zelda game which was actually good.

I do not want to see them **** it up by adding waggle.

Hmm, well I think if all they did was give it the same features in Twilight Princess (sword swinging and aiming), it wouldn't be ruined. But it also wouldn't be very new or interesting and I wouldn't feel the need to by it.

But if they did try to make it VERY new by adding a bunch of Wii features, I think you are correct. Iit could easily be ruined and I still wouldn't buy it.

So either way this seems like a bad move. I think Nintendo should just focus their efforts on making the NEXT Zelda the most epic one yet.

Posted

they should make it a bonus disc if you pre-order some new zelda game in the future.

Posted

I guess I would.
My WW disc is scratched pretty badly and sometimes gets disc read errors.
Sahaqiel

Posted

i say just buy it to try it and if you dont like it just sell it at gamestop or something for 15 bucks
and i think it will be fun just becuase it will be more interesting with Wii controls especially for playing the windwaker baton

Posted

I would buy it. Wind Waker was a very enjoyable game the first time around, and there did seem to be a few things that would be very fun with motion controls. As stated above, using the baton would be more fun, and I wouldn't object to adding motion controls to the parry and sword swinging. If they did made any changes to the game, they shouldn't remove anything. However, bringing back the same team that worked on it originally to make some new stuff to add in may just make it that much better.

Posted

Yes, even if I don't like it near as much as the original, I'd get it.

Posted

Would be a nice to have but...
If I should play it all over again...
If they adding great things OR make WW -> TP style and TP -> WW style :P
May than I would buy (I anyways would IF they adding something collector :) )

But like Twili says...
They better shouldn't.... just make something new like microsoft and sony... 0_o...

Posted

There's a good chance I'd buy it; it's a really fun game. But I think Nintendo should be putting more effort into creating new, brilliant titles instead of recycling games that we've already played.

Posted

QUOTE (Gael @ Nov 3 2008, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But I think Nintendo should be putting more effort into creating new, brilliant titles instead of recycling games that we've already played.

I second that wholeheartedly. Nintendo needs to do something to really unlock the potential of the Wii, and I think the MotionPlus feature could lead to some amazing new games, but its up to Nintendo to innovate.

Posted

I think I would get it eventually because my WW doesn't have a case, just a clear plastic thing. I wouldn't have to get it as soon as it came out, and if it were like 50 dollars, then no, not for a long, long time.

Posted

they should totally do this with every GC game!!!! IMAGINE RESIDENT EVIL 4!!!

:unsure:

Posted

QUOTE (eyeoftruth @ Nov 3 2008, 06:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they should totally do this with every GC game!!!! IMAGINE RESIDENT EVIL 4!!!

they already released RE4 on the wii... >_>
anyway, i would most definitely get it! although i do agree with those of you that have said nintendo should focus on the next zelda instead of recycling. nonetheless, if it is released, i will get it on release day.