FLCL art

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

post-1042-1228628240_thumb.jpg

This is the final copy of my first FLCL artwork. It's Canti holding Naota. I inked it in Illustrator, and I'm quite proud of the result. I tried to color it as well, but I wasn't doing very well. Maybe I'll try again later.

When you open it in a new window, make sure you zoom in. Otherwise, it looks all pixelated and bad.

Edited by shadowknight (see edit history)

Posted

Looks nice, I guess.

Posted

Neh, I dun really like it, but that's just my opinion. And as somebody un-important once said, "keep your opinions an opinion".

A coupla things you could change are:

That poor kid's left shoe looks 3 times the size of his right one!

The robot-things body looks like one of those Celtic puzzles. I can't tell what's going on there!

Posted (edited)

Just a question. Not a critical question, but an inquisitive one.

Have you watched or read FLCL? I ask because the robot will make a bit more sense if you have.

As far as the shoe goes, though, I agree. It is too big.

I drew this picture as something to put on the front of my binder, so it's not really supposed to be a masterpiece. I can't really fix the shoe, but I'm not going to worry about it. Instead, I'll work on my next drawing. I'll make sure to keep the shoes proportionate.

It does look kind of funny though. The combination of computer inking and graphite shading makes it look odd.

Edited by shadowknight (see edit history)

Posted

*Nods*

Okee...