Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gael's Link Cosplay

11 posts in this topic

Posted

First of all: please don't call me fat, please don't call me ugly. The tunic is not the best fit, so it make me look bigger that I am, and I know I don't have perfect skin. I think we can all be mature enough to not resort to name-calling.

With that out of the way....tah-dah! :D

Here's some facts about how this came together:

My mom sewed the tunic and hat for me; I helped with most of the measuring and cutting, but I'm really not the best or quickest at sewing, and Halloween was coming up fast.

The hat does not fit. It loves nothing better than to slide off of my head. Plus, I actually have long hair. So I have to put it up, twist it around, and stuff it into my already not-fitting hat. So, we're going to redo that hat at some point.

n213101039_30557780_5471.jpg

I'm not finished with the armband things. I'm going to tool the design onto the bands, crop them, and put straps on them so that they're more like Link's.

I got the ears unpainted, so I painted them myself. Go me. XD

n213101039_30557781_5822.jpg

Yes. That is Gandalf's sword. I'm getting the Master Sword + leather baldric for Christmas. At least, I'm asking for them, so I hope that's what I'm getting. O_o

n213101039_30557782_6168.jpg

I love those boots....when I graduated high school, my graduation gift was a medieval outfit for the Ren Fair, boots included. They're SO comfortable, I love them, love them, love them. :3

n213101039_30557784_2266.jpg

Posted

Don't worry about what you look like. You still look better than anybody at my school. That's Scotland for you.

And I like the costume. I'm guessing you're American yeah? You seem like you are.

What is the sword made from? Plastic?

Posted

Very good job on the tunic. I think that hat looks just about right at the moment actually, but I geuss if it keeps falling off, then it doesn't really do the job.

The sword looks metal from here, so it either is, or does a good job of looking like metal XD

also, yeah, I don't see why anyone would need to say those things anyway, you look fine :D

Posted

If you ask me, cosplays never turn out the way they're meant to. I just think that CGI Link should stay CGI Link. But, I think you did a really great job with the ears and stuff. That's a cool sword. You should ask someone here on the forums if you can borrow their Master Sword (there's a lot of people with them).

Also, thank God you didn't try to add Navi into that. It would just look retarded.

Why would anybody call you fat or ugly?

Posted

What is the sword made from? Plastic?

Phhhh....silly Bathy. It's metal, but it's really just a decoration, so they made it very shiny.

Also, thank God you didn't try to add Navi into that. It would just look retarded.

Why would anybody call you fat or ugly?

Hmm....maybe with a blue ping-pong ball, some duct tape and a wire attatched to my head....XD

Errr....because I'm not skinny and I have acne?

Posted

Errr....because I'm not skinny and I have acne?

Then you're not skinny and you have acne.

You're not fat or ugly.

Posted

How dare you claim that's Gandalf's sword. Gandalf's sword hilt is NOT blue. I'm offended.

Posted

You're offended far too much these days.

Posted

Well, let's call it a sword with the same hilt and blade as Gandalf's, but is wrapped in blue leather. Happy?

Posted

Please.

Posted

Nice. That's a good costume.