Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Light Yagami

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I'm thinking of coloring it with oil pastels.

IMG_0002.jpg

Edited by Taco_Ninja (see edit history)

Posted

Very nice work. The eyes are a bit off, but nonetheless, it's very, very good. It would look even better with colour. But take care with it. After all, you don't want to ruin it.

Posted (edited)

Very nice work. The eyes are a bit off, but nonetheless, it's very, very good. It would look even better with colour. But take care with it. After all, you don't want to ruin it.

Yeah, I was actually going to talk about the eyes... I'm thinking maybe I should get rid of the hair that runs through them. And with the coloring, I'll probably photocopy it and color the copy... I usually do that so I get to keep the original just how it was.

EDIT: Fixed the eyes.

Posted

Like Bathykolpian said, Nice work, but the eyes are off, and be careful when adding color, you might ruin the picture.

Posted (edited)

but the eyes are off

Yeah, I think I edited it the very second you posted that... I fixed them.

EDIT: Yeah, I just printed one off to color... Now I just need to go and buy some decent pastels.

Posted

Nice trace/looking at a picture and copying it.

Drawing in the same style is okay.

Drawing things from the real world, like an apple, tree, person, etc. is okay.

Drawing things that people have already drawn and doing it badly is not okay. : /

Posted

That's awesome :]

You should do L or Near next. Since they're 150% cooler than Light.

I was on Light's side at first, but as soon as he lost his memory it kinda... went boom... Then it was L all the way. After L... Near. Near's a cheater :P

Posted

Yeah, I would like to draw L or Near next, but I've searched for some images to use as references and couldn't find any good ones.

Posted

You oculd use my Avy.

Or you could make something up... Truly skilled artists do that. :) I've only done it a few times with Lucas, but that's just because I studied him a LOT in Brawl. Pictures. Ya know.

Posted

Well, I've made up my mind. I'm going to try and do a full-body of the shinigami Rem. Might try my new pastels out on him. It could take a while, though, looking at how much detail there is...