Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Preservations

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Wow, never thought to see this guy on Zelda Theories, right? I felt like it, so get over it, you meanie head!

Anyways, these are my thoughts on the "preservations" (if you will) of the races of Hyrule, after the great flood.

First, the Zoras. It's been said before, but I'll repeat it and add a bit. The Zoras were water loving creatures. The great flood, of course, was a flood of water. They obviously swam it out, and reached the Great Sea. There's a space of time we're not sure about, because there couldn't have been land when they first got to the top. What they did, we don't know. But, land obviously appeared, so they adapted. Water was all around them, but this new island they found was obviously made for a flying race. Adaptations. They evolved into the Ritos, and now had an extremely fast way of getting wherever they wanted to.

Next, the Kokiri. After Young Link recieved Farore's Emerald, the Deku Tree died. But, I believe that his spirit lived on. He couldn't bear to know that the Kokiri children would perish. He preserved them, maybe even in a similar way the King of Hyrule preserved Link and Zelda. They stayed as hidden as they were in Hyrule, lived at the Forest Haven. They adapted to the new land like the Zoras. They planted a new Deku Tree, and lived peacefully.

But, there is a lost race. The Gorons. It is obvious that the Gorons were a race of the earth. They didn't have any known way of surviving. Perhaps they perished, perhaps they somehow left Hyrule before the flood. We can only wait and see....We have Wind Waker and the Phantom Hourglass, and so far, no Gorons.

Well, that's my theory of The Preservations, subject to change.

Comment and discuss.

Posted

Don't forget, in OoT, a new Deku Tree sprung up in the same place the old one had been. Link meets the "sapling" as an adult. That is probably the Deku Tree you meet in the Wind Waker; the age would be about right.

Posted

Tree's dont move though. So does that mean the WW deku tree situated where OoT Hyrule used to be?

There were also goron merchants in Wind Waker.

Posted

Wait, they weren't Gorons. Or were they....Well, there's no proof they're gorons.....

Posted

Umm, actually, in Phantom Hourglass,

two islands have Gorons, first is Dee Ees Island which is an island that you play a mini game as a goron, the other is the main goron island and you have to get a pure metal from there so you can make the phantom sword so you can defeat Beldum

Posted

Umm, actually, in Phantom Hourglass,

two islands have Gorons, first is Dee Ees Island which is an island that you play a mini game as a goron, the other is the main goron island and you have to get a pure metal from there so you can make the phantom sword so you can defeat Beldum

My mistake. Please, explain the Gorons' preservation.

Posted

I didn't realize you meant that they had no way of surviving, not they didn't survive

Well, maybe since they lived on death mountain, they climbed higher?

Death mountain erupted and the lava turned into rock that could help them escape?

Death mountain erupted and made death mountain taller, they hiked the mountains because of some random threat, then hyrule flooded?

Posted

I didn't realize you meant that they had no way of surviving, not they didn't survive

Well, maybe since they lived on death mountain, they climbed higher?

Death mountain erupted and the lava turned into rock that could help them escape?

Death mountain erupted and made death mountain taller, they hiked the mountains because of some random threat, then hyrule flooded?

That's a bit far fetched.....

Magic was involved I think....probably Din....

Posted (edited)

They're rocks, they can survive underwater without air as seen in Twilight Princess. There is plenty of evidence in Wind Waker to negate the theory that Rito are Zora. The position of the Deku Tree only indicates that the map moved position. One last point, the Deku Tree isn't a mere tree, he is a spirit, and he may uproot himself at a later time.

Edited by Sheogorath (see edit history)

Posted

The Great Sea would have forced Zoras on land because it had no fish, (Ganondorf stated so when he glanced into Zelda's dreams of the sea) except for the Gyorgs, which are extremely dangerous and travel in packs. It's said that Valoo is the one who grants them the power of flight, so they didn't exactly evolve straight to winged creatures. In fact, they're not really naturally flying creatures during Wind Waker.

As you can see, we of the Rito tribe are

profoundly connected to the sky. We make

our livings on the airways.

We do so by the graces of the sky spirit,

Valoo. When a Rito reaches adulthood, he

or she journeys to the top of Dragon Roost

to receive a scale from the great dragon.

It is this scale that enables the Rito to

grow his or her wings.

The Deku Tree, after dying, left a sproutling himself which Link talked to during OoT, which was moved inside the Deku Tree at some point in time. The Deku Tree told the Kokiri they would die if they left the forest, but it was a lie so they wouldn't venture outside it. Which is why Saria could leave the forest and become a sage, and why Kokiri can enter the Lost Woods, which isn't directly part of Kokiri Forest.

There are three Gorons in Wind Waker, each traveling merchants that get around on rafts and are part of the trading sequence you go through with Zunari. In Phantom Hourglass, there is an island full of Gorons. In Twilight Princess, there is a Goron child who confirms that one of two things are true

1. Gorons can indefinitely breath underwater

2. The hole on top of young Gorons' heads can be used as an airhole. (The Goron child's head-hole-thing was sticking out of the water.)

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

I don't think he lied. They are child spirits until they leave the forest, then they become mortal children, age, and die. Think of the film Hook.

Edited by Sheogorath (see edit history)

Posted

This is discredited by Link himself. Even though the Kokiri were inspired by Peter Pan, (Similar clothes, legends, etc.) this would mean Link would never age upon being sent there. Since Link was sent there as an infant, he would stay an infant, correct? And the Koroks, who are most likely the Kokiri's descendants, can leave the island whenever.

Sahaqiel

Posted

The Deku tree took precautions to ensure they wouldn't die if they left by turning them into their current form. They are spiritual descendants, I doubt they are actually the blood kin of the OoT kokiri. Link was not a forest spirit, which is what the kokiri were, he was a Hylian, and so the rules don't apply to him. He was brought there as an infant, remember?

Merry Christmas! I won't be back until next Earth-Cycle :cry:

Posted

The Deku tree took precautions to ensure they wouldn't die if they left by turning them into their current form. They are spiritual descendants, I doubt they are actually the blood kin of the OoT kokiri. Link was not a forest spirit, which is what the kokiri were, he was a Hylian, and so the rules don't apply to him. He was brought there as an infant, remember?

This seems a lot like fan fiction. ;/

Nothing about longevity being applied to races in the forest was mentioned.

The Kokiri were not referred to as spirits.

A bloodline is about the only way they could be related.

However, magic similar to the one that the Rito use to evolve wings could have been used to transform them.

Sahaqiel

Posted

HOW DO WE KNOW THAT THE MERCHANTS WERE GORONS?