Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Preview

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Submitted by 'Tai' on April 19, 2006:

After the last major installment of the famed Zelda series with Wind Waker and its almost childish looking graphics comes a change in direction. While Wind Waker boasted cartoonish graphics which may have turned away more than just a few people before they gave it a chance, Twilight Princess aims to do just the opposite. To turn more people in its direction by having the game give off a more dark and shadowy atmosphere for the countless fans of the Zelda game series. All the while keeping the game generally in line with its predecassors in regards to gameplay.

------

Some rumours have been circulating around that with the game's recent prospective delay for third quarter of 2006 that just maybe Nintendo has decided to make the game Revolution exclusive. This is very doubtful and most likely will not, hopefully, come to pass. Odds are the delay is more due to making the game even better than it is anticipated to be and/or to add on a feature or two to the game that could take advantage of the Revolution being released somewhat around the same time as Twilight Princess...such as maybe Nintendo's new and unique controller. But don't worry, if such rumours are true then the game should be still playable fully on the Gamecube, unless they of course decide to make the game Revolution exclusive. Then I don't believe the game would play terribly well on the Gamecube, but this won't be happening.

Yes it is true that in Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Link will be able to change into a werewolf type of creature in the Twilight Realm**everytime I hear that the twilight zone theme song starts to play in my head**. As this wolf creature Link is ridden by some new character to the series. While what all playing as a wolf may entail is still relatively unknown, we can certainly hope that the designers will not let us down. What is generally known is that this Twilight Realm is gradually consuming the real world. Within which humans supposedly cannot exist while animals can, thus help in explaining why Link changes into a wolf.

Twilight Princess' plot is for the most part still unknown, but is expected to center around the usual suspects. Such as Princess Zelda and Ganondorf but their exact role in the game is still questionable. The story does, however; start off with Link as an adult...and a farmer type of guy. The gameplay is to be based off of the systems of Ocarina of Time and that of The Wind Waker while bringing back horseback riding. The controls of such are said to be quite similar to what fans have so far encountered, but this time swordfighting while on horseback is even shown to be possible. The horse mounted battles are sure to be fun, fast paced, and quite entertaining.

Many items of the past will again be usuable in Twilight Princess with mention of some new and improved items, such as the gale boomerang and bomb arrows. Cuccos have returned in this newest installment, and yes, before you ask. You can supposedly use them to glide as was done in Ocarina of Time. A few of the trailers showed Link interacting with some cats even playing fetch with a dog using a bone. What point in the game this will play is yet to be known. It has also been made known that fishing will be returning. It is possible fishing this time around might not only be as a minigame,could be or maybe even a main part of the game. There is even some pretty strong speculation that you may be able to fish up a boss to fight.

As mentioned earlier the trailers and screenshots really gives off a dark, eerie, and mature atmosphere. This is by no means a bad thing. Personally I will say I truly hope the game really does strive towards this direction...especially after I will admit to being one of the people at first being put off by the Wind Waker's graphic style, after giving the game a chance I saw a bit of the error in my initial thinking but I do not plan on having such events revolve around this game. Twilight Princess' graphics also are more on the realistic side of things when compared to previous installments, and they are not that bad of graphics if I do say so myself. This game definitely falls back a lot more on Ocarina of Time's darker feel. We will have to wait and see for ourselves, though; if the game really will be able to best what is considered one of best Legend of Zelda games in video game history.

Posted

I hate to say it, but the second paragraph seems a bit out of date consdering e3 news...

Posted

I hate to say it, but the second paragraph seems a bit out of date consdering e3 news...

I must agree

Posted

Yeah. It has been officialy announced that there will be 2 versoins of tp. One for the GC and one for the wii, and they will both be released alongside the wii. (p.S. Revolution sounds better then wii) :D

Posted

i like bolth of them

Posted

link link link aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah i love the legend of zelda specially twilight princes :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D but i,m waiting untill i,m dead hope its come quick B)B)B)B)B)B)B)B)

Posted

wait a minute can somebody tell me where the article is that says they will be released on both??? because the way i read one of those articles it seemed like they were just making it for the GC system but it would have advanced play if you put it in a Wii system...

Posted

Twilight Princess shall exceed Ocarina of Time. Yay for yayness!

Posted

Twilight Princess shall exceed Ocarina of Time. Yay for yayness!

You can count on it! :D

Posted

arr geez... all this talk of tp makes me even more hypo... and this post makes my #1 poster of today :)

Posted

* applause*

Posted

lol i was playing OoT last nite and i turned to kid and im like... "is it me or had link gotten smaller?"

proberly nothing to do wif topic... but i felt like saying it...lol

Posted

he does look kinda small doesnt he

Posted

this well very well be the best game ever and and some ppl are even saying that it has the power to topple the great Oot and take the place of best game ever

Posted

i just gota say: link will dominate mario,pikachu and star fox :D