Followers 0

Favourite Video game genre?

25 posts in this topic

Posted

Riiight....

Do you know any RPGs YLA?

My favorite one is LOTR:TTA

Posted

I'm looking forward to Final Fantasy XIII. It's an RPG I believe. It's looking great and it's going back to the turn based battle system apparently. Can't wait! :D

Posted

The sad thing about me, is that I've never seen seen Final Fantasy in any stores. Let alone see some one play it, or played it myself...

Posted

RTS.

Posted

What's that stand for?

I was just wandering that...

Posted

Riiight....

Do you know any RPGs YLA?

My favorite one is LOTR:TTA

I do not know any RPG's. I don't know why. I just do Action Adventure like LoZ.

Posted

Yeah. Well RPGs are pretty similar to Action Adventure. It really depends how you would define the genre. I say almost all games are RPGs in a way, but some games like Oblivion and Pokemon are obvious choices. :D

Posted

Real-Time Stratergy.

Also, there's alot more genres than just those three

Real-time strategy (RTS) games are a genre of computer wargames which do not progress incrementally in turns.[1] Brett Sperry is credited with coining the term to market Dune II.[2][3]

In an RTS, as in other wargames, the participants position and maneuver units and structures under their control to secure areas of the map and/or destroy their opponents' assets. In a typical RTS it is possible to create additional units and structures during the course of a game. This is generally limited by a requirement to expend accumulated resources. These resources are in turn garnered by controlling special points on the map and/or possessing certain types of units and structures devoted to this purpose. More specifically, the typical game of the RTS genre features resource gathering, base building, in-game technological development and indirect control of units.[4][5]

The tasks a player must perform to succeed at an RTS can be very demanding, and complex user interfaces have evolved to cope with the challenge. Some features have been borrowed from desktop environments, most prominently the technique of "clicking and dragging" to select all units under a given area.[relevance?]

Though some game genres share conceptual and gameplay similarities with the RTS template recognised genres are generally not subsumed as RTS games.[5] For instance, city-building games, construction and management simulations, and games of the real-time tactics variety are generally not considered to be "real-time strategy".

Gotta love Wikipedia.

Posted

Lol. I didn't know what RTS was until now. Thanks for that. :D

I looked up RPG on Wikipedia too but there's too much to choose from. And most of it is live action and board games.

Posted

Action/Adventure RPG

Is what I chose

Mostly RPGs though

Maybe a little Simulation as well such as Animal Crossing

I never heard of an RTS intill now