Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Transistance.

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Transistance.

"Death does not exist. Only the people who cause it exist."

Authors Notes - Hey, my name is Alex Greenland. Better known as Thales Valeska. I recently created this story in my school, mainly because I was bored and I had idea's flowing through my brain like an STD in my bloodstream. Ha-ha. All sexual jokes aside, I am sure you will enjoy this as much as I did writing it. If you don't, alright then. I accept all criticism, thanks for reading!

INTRODUCTION

The lights went out again. But the power was still on.

"Dammit, not again!", I complained. I lived in an apartment with my dog, 'Cherry'. She's a handful, always jumping around and biting on the pillows in the living room. She came rushing over as soon as the lights went out. She rubbed up against me leg and began to bark. I patting her head, reassuring her, "Hey hey! Cherry! Calm down, girl. Everything will be fine." She barked again, waging her tail. This was the 5th time the lights went out in the apartment building, strangely enough, the power still worked. Maybe it was faulty wiring, this place really isn't that good anyway. Soon after, the lights flickered a few times before coming back on, Cherry barked again...

My name is Johnathan Kurshaw, I'm 24 years old and live on the 6th floor of my apartment building in East New York. Strange things have been happening the past few days. Our land-lord suddenly goes missing, so does the tech-officer (he's the guy who fixes the building and crap.) and along the that, the building's wiring has been messed up alot and my dog has been acting abit more wild than ever. Everything's been weird for those days, but hey, free rent is a good thing.

I adjusted myself on my couch, and stretched. I grabbed my beer on the table, taking a few sips of it before setting it down, empty. The T.V. was on commercial again, I grabbed the remote and shut it off. I looked at Cherry and she barked and walked around in circles. She wants to go outside, obviously. "Alright, girl. We'll go outside for a few. I could use a break from sitting on my ass all day, watching sitcoms.", I said with a smile on my face. I grabbed her leash and she walked towards me, I attached the leash onto her collar and tugged it once. I got up and grabbed my jacket layed on the chair and put my arms through it's warm sleeves. It was gonna be a cold night, I could tell. I grabbed the door knob and turned it, it made a large clicking sound like it always does.

Outside my door, I saw a figure standing in front of me. The bright light's in the hallway blinded me as I rubbed my eyes... I still couldn't make out the figure.

END

Criticism is helpful to see how I can improve my writing. I am an amateur writer, not very detailed and such. Chapter 1 coming soon.

Posted

You probably shouldn't center your writing. It's much easier to read long posts when they're aligned left.