Participate in Hyrule.net’s Little Cup, a casual and fun tournament with prizes. Details below!
Hyrule.net is hosting a low-level Pokémon tournament next week on June 21st, and anyone can join! Worried about complicated stuff like IVs, EVs, etc.? No problem! In order to make the tourney start as painlessly as possible, the parameters are designed to make the tourney run with little preparation!
Little Cup Rules (from Smogon):
Pokémon: Players are allowed a team of up to 6 Pokémon that meet the following conditions:
- The Pokémon must be able to evolve.
- The Pokémon must be the earliest evolution stage obtainable.
- The Pokémon must be at Level 5.
- The Pokémon must not be on the Ubers list.
Ubers – The following are banned from use in Little Cup:
- Gligar, Scyther, Sneasel, Swirlix, Tangela, Yanma
Abilities and Moves:
Abilities: Moody is banned. Due to the fact that not all Pokemon are currently available with their Hidden Abilities, please check here when using Hidden Abilities.
Moves: Pokémon in Little Cup can use (nearly) any move available to them at Level 5. All non-genderless Pokemon can use their level-up moves, and genderless Pokemon can use any 3rd generation level-up move in conjunction with any TMs. Sonicboom and Dragon Rage are both banned moves. Further information on illegal move combinations is located here.
- Species Clause – Only one Pokémon may be on a team from each species.
- Sleep Clause - Only one Pokémon can be put to sleep by an opponent at a time, per team.
- OHKO Clause - Moves that score a guaranteed "One-hit-KO" on the opponent, such as Sheer Cold, Horn Drill, Guillotine, or Fissure, are banned.
- Evasion Clause – Moves that boost evasion (i.e. Double Team and Minimize) are not allowed.
- EVs: Contrary to some beliefs, it has been proven that even with a level 5 baby, any EV spread is possible on any Pokémon. Thus, the standard in game maximum of 255 EVs per stat, 510 EVs total is the only limitation on EVs in Little Cup.
Below are a few helpful resources on the Little Cup metagame:
The top four winners will get a Pokéball phone charm from Hip Cat Over The Moon! Fourth place will get a Pokéball, third will get a Great Ball, second will get an Ultra Ball, and first place will get a Master Ball!
You can sign up for the tourney by announcing your participation in the Hyrule.net Forum thread here! Sign-ups will be closed next Thursday on June 19th, and the match order will be announced the next day on June 20th! The tournament will start June 21st at 3pm Central Time! Hope to see you there!