Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Content Contributors, Writers needed!

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Moving everything over to Hyrule 3.0 is taking sluggishly longer than anticipated. The only ones truly working on it are Dustin, Tappy, Arctic Fire and myself, and it goes without saying that four already busy people taking on such a huge task isn't the easiest thing to do. With that said, if you're up to it, we'd all very much be grateful if you'd offer to help us out--including non-members!

------

What you'd be doing as a Content Contributor is helping us out with sections such as the game pages and our multimedia and download sections. We'll need images and screen shots, cheat codes, game glitches, mp3 files, piano sheet music and guitar tabs, and everything else in between. Dependability is a must.

Content Writers are also needed; writers for game reviews, walkthroughs, opinions and editorials, and game/series analyses are all welcome. The basic criteria for applicants are being well educated in English, quality writing skills, and of course, dependability.

To submit an application, send an email to me at [b][email protected][/b], specifying the position you are applying for in the title ([b]Hyrule.net Content [Contributor/Writer][/b]). In the body, include your name (and if applicable, your Hyrule username), age, and a quick summary (50 words at least) on why you feel you're right for the job. DO NOT APPLY BY REPLYING IN THIS THREAD. They will not be considered.

The deadline for all applications is [b]Saturday February 28, 2009[/b]. Arctic, Tappy, Dustin and I will then sort through all of them together and decide who gets accepted. I will notify you via email as soon as possible.

For those applying and not registered with us: If you are selected, you are going to have to register an account before you can get access to the staff page.

Good luck, everyone.

Posted

We sure could use all the help we can get.

Good luck to everyone

Posted

im willing to help in any way i can

Posted

just sent an application I hope I get the spot

Posted

Tip:

If you indicate something you are particularly interested in doing for the site specifically, that's good. If you have a specific interest you are more likely to actually contribute and help. It gives us an idea of where you will be most likely to contribute. Being staff is WORK so you need to have an actual interest in what you are doing, and a specific interest or desire to help with a specific section of the site or a specific topic is a plus.

We don't need people that sit around doing nothing after being put on staff. We need workers, though the job is also rewarding. Thanks and good luck!

Posted

If I were to be a Content Writer; would I bne able to stick to just one or two things, or must I do it all? I could most likely do game reviews, supposing its just Zelda games. Of course its just Zelda games, its a Zelda fansite! Right?

Posted

If you're going to be reviewing Zelda games only, it's not going to help much is it? I doubt that there will be any new Zelda games coming out seen anyway.

Posted

That's not the point. We need content in general. Reviews for all the games are more than welcome.

Posted

Fine ill help
I'll have alot of free time on my hands since MID-TERM is coming up (BTW im a teacher)

Posted

[quote name='lord jabu jabu' post='201648' date='Feb 8 2009, 04:02 PM']Fine ill help
I'll have alot of free time on my hands since MID-TERM is coming up (BTW im a teacher)[/quote]
Sure you are.

Posted

I'll do reviews as well I guess. One person can't do reviews for all games released after all can they?

Posted

I can help in writing walkthroughs and review (some) games(my budget for games isn't what it used to be)
I have a deep knowledge of every zelda game except for ZeldaII, so...yeah

Posted

I'll review stuff. Games, like I said, and maybe movies or something. Just anything I get, I'll review if I can. I will do Resident Evil 5 at least when I get it next month. I'm not great at playing a whole game and then telling you about the thing as a whole afterwards because half the time I forget about it. But I could just review each piece of the game or something. Anyway, if you tell me what you're looking for in particular, I can help in any way I can.

Edit: And I guess I could review LittleBigPlanet levels...

Posted

sent an application. I can safely say. . . well, we'll see

the majority of it was talking about how I would suck for the job =P

Posted

[quote name='Bathykolpian' post='203198' date='Feb 14 2009, 04:42 PM']I'll review stuff. Games, like I said, and maybe movies or something. Just anything I get, I'll review if I can. I will do Resident Evil 5 at least when I get it next month. I'm not great at playing a whole game and then telling you about the thing as a whole afterwards because half the time I forget about it. But I could just review each piece of the game or something. Anyway, if you tell me what you're looking for in particular, I can help in any way I can.

Edit: And I guess I could review LittleBigPlanet levels...[/quote]

[quote name='SirJoshizzle' post='201519' date='Feb 7 2009, 11:15 PM']DO NOT APPLY BY REPLYING IN THIS THREAD. They will not be considered.[/quote]

[quote name='Luneth Uchiha' post='201661' date='Feb 8 2009, 11:47 AM']I can help in writing walkthroughs and review (some) games(my budget for games isn't what it used to be)
I have a deep knowledge of every zelda game except for ZeldaII, so...yeah[/quote]

Stop trying to make yourself like you're "all that", I know more than you.