Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should Zelda take on a playable role?

27 posts in this topic

Posted

You play as Kafei in Majora's Mask, mostly because it took less time since his model was based on Link's anyway.
I think playing as Zelda could be cool. Since they're Nintendo and all, I'm pretty sure they'd manage somehow.
As long as it's not like the CD-i.
Yes, Muffin, I played them.
They were pretty bad.
Putting it nicely.
Sahaqiel

Posted

I think it would be interesting to see Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf team up to fight a greater evil. (ie. Vaati) In a 3-player co-op game or a tag-team type scenario. Although that does have the potential to be done really badly.

Posted

Vaati being tougher than Ganondorf? That would be weird. I think they should fight Majora again. He's been gone for like 8 years. He would be stronger than Ganondorf, but I don't think that all three of them should team up though. Wait every bad guys in Zelda all team up, and Link, and Zelda work together to kill them.

Posted

QUOTE (Sahaqiel @ Feb 22 2009, 07:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You play as Kafei in Majora's Mask, mostly because it took less time since his model was based on Link's anyway.

Something like this would be good for a two-player game, although it'd be tedious, since one player would be inactive and it'd get boring after a while, unless Nintendo found some amazing way to make it awesome.

Posted

QUOTE (SirJoshizzle @ Feb 22 2009, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree with Muffin on the possibility that the game is split into Link/Zelda sagas, and then the player controls Link for the final battles (ie, Snake and Raiden in Sons of Liberty). Zelda obviously has something to contribute, if her magic abilities are any indication. Furthermore, her part of the game could include some stealth elements that Link doesn't have. Aka, Sheik.

For the majority of the game you control Raiden, not snake. the tanker level isn't a good comeback since that's the first level and even then, it was short.

The metal gear solid series doesn't mean YOU PLAY SNAKE AND OH, WHAT A SUPRISE YOU DON'T IN THIS ONE

It's basically a reference to the walker-type mech featured in every game, Ray was the best but i'm sure you knew that.

to the topic question, no, the zelda series is getting lamer and lamer, playing as zelda would only add to that problem.

Posted

i dont see a place where she could play but i could see nintendo putting her as a playable character. well...we will have to wait and see how it goes

Posted

Depending on the next games, I think it would be possible for her to take on a playable role, and a good one if done properly. I dont think it should have too much play in the game, but who knows, maybe it could really flow with the plot and be impressive

Posted

What did you think of the way they used Peach in Paper Mario? You know, getting extra information that she sends to Mario. I liked that, it was a good break from the constant fighting involved in the game.

I'm yet to complete Paper Mario. I should really show some commitment to games rather than putting them down half way through.

Posted

QUOTE (Bathykolpian @ Feb 24 2009, 11:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What did you think of the way they used Peach in Paper Mario? You know, getting extra information that she sends to Mario. I liked that, it was a good break from the constant fighting involved in the game.

I'm yet to complete Paper Mario. I should really show some commitment to games rather than putting them down half way through.

Which one?

Anyways,I think this might be an interesting twist to the series.

Lets hope they don't f*** up the series

Posted

QUOTE (Bathykolpian @ Feb 24 2009, 02:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How about like Super Paper Mario, where you could easily swtich out between characters?

But if there was a game based around playing as Zelda herself, it'd have to be different then the normal games. It should tell the backround of other games, like TP or OoT. Playing as Zelda in pre-TP would be really good, as one could tell from the cut-scene where you first meet Zelda. If OoT, it should tell the story of what happened during those seven years. And of course, let Shiek be playable. He needs to do something more then just teach songs and rescue Ruto. A ninja would be really cool to play as with OoT's gameplay.

But this stuff is obvious.

Posted

Matthordika, I was thinking the same thing at school today. I thinking making Shiek a playable character to play as a ninja. Weird.

Posted

I think I'd be really cool if Zelda were to become a playable character, because then you could use magic and whatnot. But hopefully, although I doubt this would happen, because Nintendo takes so much pride in the Zelda series, they wont just tack Zelda on as a small segment like what happened with Peach in Paper Mario Thousand Year Door. In Thousand Year Door the small segments with Peach were nice, and fit, but a more complex game like The Legend of Zelda wouldn't mix well with something like that.
It would be nice if Nintendo lived up to what I think it was Miyamoto who said it, that they were going to take the series in a whole different direction, and make something we've never seen before. It would be nice if at some point in the game Zelda joined the fight, and Link and her became a team. However, how they would properly incorporate Zelda into the game? ...I don't know, just having her as a computerized player following you around would be a waste, but at the same time if they tried some multi-player thing, well we've seen how well sharing one screen worked in Lego Star Wars, and split screen is definitely not an option. So the only other way to make it work would be to have a system where you could switch between the two at any time, but then comes the problem of coordinating the computerized player so that it doesn't drag you down... :huh: You know what, I think I'll go back to my noobish game programming, and let Nintendo decide, I have faith in them. :wacko: Gotta say though, the Link + Zelda duo would make for some pretty epic cut scenes, and maybe everyone's Hyrulian romance would come true... that would definitely add a whole new level to the game.