Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New! Karma & Stats have been added to the forums!

29 posts in this topic

Posted

This was not noted yet, but it is really new though. A new feature has been added to the forum named Karma. You can give other users Karma by clicking Karma under their name in a post or on your profile page. Use Karma as rewards for good behaviour, being helpful, or any other positive contributions to the community. You can view your Karma Activity in your [url="http://www.hyrule.net/mystuff/"]My Stuff[/url] page, including reasons for why you were sent Karma.

Also, the Stats Race is back!

------

You can give each other Karma points everyday now. Three points can be given once every 24 hours.

[quote]"The point of karma is to provide positive reinforcement. If you see people doing things you like, if someone helps you or others, if someone contributes a lot, stops fights, or does good, happy things, you can give them karma. With this we can reward good behavior rather than just punishing bad.

It's purpose is not popularity or a liking contest. Giving Karma should be the same as saying 'hey, I like what you did here. thank you and keep it up'." - Dustin[/quote]

(You can also send a reason with the Karma)

Also, the [url="http://www.hyrule.net/statsrace.php"]Stats Race page[/url] is back again.

It gives a little information of the richest members there are on the site and members with the most Karma and Karma given out.

That was the quick note.
Have fun!

Posted

I've given karma today and I have to say it's a good thing to have. This way people can tell if they're actually liked. But the fact I'm in the lead, last time I checked, is probably due to pity, which isn't a good reason to give karma in my opinion.

There are some people I'll constantly give karma every day though. That person might change but for now, Claire's getting one karma from me every day. :)

Posted

This could actually be pretty cool =)

Posted

I think it was because of my trolling to epic proportions.

Posted

well,this sounds fun for a competition

Posted

[quote name='The Nintendo Nerd' post='205831' date='Feb 24 2009, 03:03 PM']well,this sounds fun for a competition[/quote]
indeed. a competition to see who is liked more.

lets hope there isnt any blood :hide:

Posted

Today I gave karma to:

ADR-only decent ACTIVE mod.
Eyeoftruth-sorry for calling him stupid
Dark Midna-for ruining Dark race rp

Tommorow-

Bathy-for generally being rude to him
?????
?????

Posted

That's not a nice thing to say about Dark Midna. :[i][/i](

And don't worry about giving me karma for being rude. I trashed you a few times so you have every right to do the same to me. I think I'll send some karma your way tomorrow just as my way of saying sorry. Although I do stand by what I said back then. And you're right. The RP has gotten a bit out of hand. Nobody's posting and the plot just keeps getting thicker but no more believable or enjoyable. It seems as if it's just Dark Midna keeping it alive via life support by adding all kinds of things but it's about time to let it rest in peace. We can't milk that RP for much longer until it's run dry.

/rant

Posted

Indeed! Naughty naughty!

Posted

[quote name='Bathykolpian' post='205882' date='Feb 24 2009, 06:27 PM']That's not a nice thing to say about Dark Midna. :[i][/i](

And don't worry about giving me karma for being rude. I trashed you a few times so you have every right to do the same to me. I think I'll send some karma your way tomorrow just as my way of saying sorry. Although I do stand by what I said back then. And you're right. The RP has gotten a bit out of hand. Nobody's posting and the plot just keeps getting thicker but no more believable or enjoyable. It seems as if it's just Dark Midna keeping it alive via life support by adding all kinds of things but it's about time to let it rest in peace. We can't milk that RP for much longer until it's run dry.

/rant[/quote]

No no no no no. You misunderstood. I ruined it, and im apoligizing to her...

Posted

Karma comes back around...sorta.

Posted

[quote name='zeldafancs' post='205944' date='Feb 24 2009, 08:42 PM']Karma comes back around...sorta.[/quote]
Well not on the internet. It's not like good things could happen to you when you have internet karma. Unless good things happen that you expect, but are unexpected. Wait that didn't make sence.

Posted

[quote name='Doubleagent' post='205876' date='Feb 24 2009, 11:15 PM']Today I gave karma to:

ADR-only decent ACTIVE mod.
Eyeoftruth-sorry for calling him stupid
Dark Midna-for ruining Dark race rp

Tommorow-

Bathy-for generally being rude to him
?????
?????[/quote]
I believe I ruined it.

Posted

Remember though that the point of karma is to reward someone for doing something positively noteworthy. If you're just giving them to people you like, that defeats the whole purpose of having it at all and might as well just be removed.

Posted

But sirjoshizzle, that is the case. YLA gives bathy karma just because he likes him.

I really don't see how this gives any incentive for people to be nice.

and if it was meant for doing something good, site-wide, why not just make the ability to add karma to the staff only and lay some guidelines.