What's the Best or Worst Zelda Game Made?

168 posts in this topic

Posted

Over the years, Zelda has had some pretty funky games. I've liked them all. There's the classics, like ALTTP or LOZ, but then there are the new ones, like TWW or MC.

So...which game is your favorite? Which game is your least favorite? (not counting the CDi or BS-X games, or Twilight Princess cause it didnt come out yet)

My favorite is Majora's Mask. It started my true love of this great series, and the gameplay was FANTASTIC!! I especially liked changing into the forms, that was cool (especially the Fierce Deity's Mask). And the temples were so long and mind-bending...that was fun too. Also, the cycles the characters went through was amazing. How Nintendo did this astounds me. But a great job they did.

My least favorite is Minish Cap. I just didnt like the entire story behind it..it wasn't as appealing to me as the others.

Posted

im not a big fan of the original, its still pretty good though and it might just be because my version on the collecters edition won't let me change item <_<

My difficulty is with my favourite, ocarina of time was consistently a good game, but wind waker was absolutely amazing in some places, especially in combat.

As the 2d ones go, i quite liked minish cap, although i havn't really had the chance to play many, not even link to the past sadly, but was never able to quite finish it because there's a glitch which means that the game resets when i go into a room on vaati's dungeon, i don't have much luck with zelda games like that do i?

Im pretty willing to say though, from what i've seen that twilight princess will be my new favourite when it comes out.

Or maybe my own one when i finish it :D

Posted

I agree- I had a tough time deiding whether to pick Ocarine of time and Majora's Mask. They were both astounding. And though i disliked the WindWaker graphics, I looked past that and saw a very fun and entertaining game, with a very large lanscape to explore. I agree, WindWaker was very good in some ways.

Posted

My favorite game would have to be Ocarina of Time, I mean come on it was the Game of the year in 1998 and it was the fist Zelda game in 3D. THE WORSED ZELDA GAME WOULD HAVE TO BE EVERY SINGLE CEL-SHADED GAME FROM WINDWAKER TO PHANTOM HOURGLASS!!! HOW FRUITY CAN NINTENDO GET, I MEAN YEA JUMPING ON SMILEY FACED CLOUDS IS FRUITY BUT COME ON LINK SOUNDS LIKE A WOMEN IN PHANTOM HOURGLASS!! PRINCESS PEACH HAS A DEEPER VOICE THAN HIM

Posted

no. 1: don't post in all caps, it hurts the eyes

no. 2: if you think the cel-shading made it a rubbish game, its hard to count you as a zelda fan

no. 3: link's voice is perfectly normal on phantom hourglass, higher pitched than in the twilight princess videos, but that's because its a younger link in phantom hourglass. There must be something wrong with your speakers...

Posted

I love the Zelda series But that is the only games i didnt agree with nintendo about. If you go on IGN.com and listen to the demos and trailer and just listen to his voice you can probaly hear wat i mean. And Phantom Hourglass is a continuation of Windwaker so im guessing hes alil older and i think he should have a more grown up voice and look.

Posted

The worst: Has to be LA. It's not bad, just the worst Zelda-game I've played.

The best: OoT. Just a plain beautiful game with an extraordinary storyline to it. And it was the first Zelda-game in 3D-graphics. :D

Edit: Thank you for the reminder, gingerlink XD

Posted

ahem mystic link....

super mario 64 anybody?

but it was the first zelda game in 3d, yes...

Posted

OoT was revolutionary, i mean it was the first Zelda game in 3D and it was such a gigantic world to explore...still, i enjoyed majoras mask more :)

Super Mario 64 was cool too....the DS version was better though

Posted

Ocarina of Time was a million times better than Majora's Mask, the only good thing about MM was that u could turn into a zora!!! :D compared to ocarina of time majoras mask is too short and too easy.

Posted

REALLY?! i thought majoras mask was harder than ocarina of time...ocarina of time was a snap!

Posted

majoras mask was hrader, but frustratingly so, i complketed ocarina without a walkthrough, yet it was still pretty tricky (this is when i was like 8 though). Any puzzle i got stuck on took just below the time that i would have got overly frustrated and looked at a walkthrough (still quite long lol).

With majoras mask which im still in the middle of, too many of the puzzles are just annoying and its more of a fact of where do i go now instead?

Master quest was brilliantly made, it was just as hard as majoras if not harder but it kept the non-frustrating qualites of the first OoT, which was really nice, lol.

Actually, i've just realised with minihs cap, i think it's the only official zelda game which wasn;t devloped by nintnedo, it was devloped by capcom instead (hence why it was released in europe first)

Posted

Hey masterquest was a little harder than oot not really though

Posted

It definately had it's impossible hard moments, it was probabbly more innovative in puzzles that the original

Posted

Definently harder puzzle, longer dungeons, etc...