Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Should Link have a musical instrument in Zelda Wii?

62 posts in this topic

Posted

QUOTE (Chameleon @ Mar 1 2009, 11:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
puppy yeah!

Or something like a Baglama Saz, or a Ney.
They definitely need to do the music better in the next one.

I don't think I'm underestimating the general audience when I say that anything more obscure than a sitar will confuse people.

Posted

COWBELL!!!!!!

Posted

QUOTE (Goron Merchant @ Mar 1 2009, 08:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
COWBELL!!!!!!

I have been outdone.....

Posted

QUOTE (Nabeshin @ Mar 1 2009, 02:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think I'm underestimating the general audience when I say that anything more obscure than a sitar will confuse people.

I don't care about the general audience. I've seen some pretty horrible suggestions for Zelda games across the spectrum. For a game like Zelda, off-beat instruments are the best. Generic instruments like guitar are multicultural. By bringing some obscure instruments into the game they give the game more character, etc.

Think about it, how many people learned about the ocarina from OoT? Most of them (or plenty, at least; this should be a poll). Plus there are a ton of Zelda fans that can't even pronounce "ocarina" correctly.

Posted

Heck yes. I would be mad if there's wasn't one. >:(

I don't know what it should be though. I can think of at least three games that feature an ocarina, so I'd say that's a no. I thought of a harp, but bothe Sheik and the Rito girl in WW play one. I don't think other stringed instuments would fit... All the other instruments I can think of are too big, too clich

Posted

A Guitar would ROCK! |D
I would have a heart attack. Then it'd be easy to search up TAB for the songs so I couldp lay them on my Guitar.
YEEUH.
Either an Ocarina or a Guitar. Either one and Im happy.

Posted

QUOTE (Chameleon @ Mar 1 2009, 03:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Plus there are a ton of Zelda fans that can't even pronounce "ocarina" correctly.

Ah-kuh-ree-nuh.

The only pronunciation there is.

Oh-kuh-ree-nuh is just stupid.

Posted

QUOTE (Arcanelord @ Mar 1 2009, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heck yes. I would be mad if there's wasn't one. >:(

I don't know what it should be though. I can think of at least three games that feature an ocarina, so I'd say that's a no. I thought of a harp, but bothe Sheik and the Rito girl in WW play one. I don't think other stringed instuments would fit... All the other instruments I can think of are too big, too clich

Posted

QUOTE (Goron Merchant @ Mar 1 2009, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm tellin' you. Its obscure and has plenty of character! Can't you imagine Link banging away at that thing with a ridiculous smile stretching across his face and euphoric eyes? It'd be great. ^_^

Plus a cowbell gives you like. . . 3 different noises. That's enough, right?

I vote Cowbell for Link '09.

XD
I died.

I still vote Guitar/Ocarina

Posted

LOL. That would be awesome. I still like my bird idea, though. There are so many uses for winged pal, and bird's singing is pretty.

Posted

What about a triangle? Come on, it fits in perfectly with the triforce theme! :tongue:

Posted

QUOTE (Aethix @ Mar 1 2009, 07:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What about a triangle? Come on, it fits in perfectly with the triforce theme! :tongue:

Ooooooh. Triforce shaped triangle. ^_^

Posted

Lol. That could work.

How about an accordian?

Posted

I could never see Link playing an accordian. But, still, it'd be different and different isn't always a bad thing.

Although, the organ idea suggested by The Minish Link would be coolio, but only if Link actually played long songs. puppy, I thought an organ was just a regular piano, but still. It'd be great if he played it once in the game or it was just a little side thing to be able to play/create your own songs or songs that you've learned on another instrument in the game. A piano, though, would be good. Pull it out of nowhere like the instruments in Majora's Mask and start playing some amazing music.

Posted

Hmm... I like that idea. Not so much the random piano being pulled out, but the organ thing would be cool.