Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A Normal Pair of Headphones...

17 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I've been looking for a new pair of normal headphones for months. They were hard to find before, but now I can't get them anywhere. I'm talking about the simple kind with the plastic band that goes over your head and the speakers rest on your ears (without going over them like those noise-canceling headphones).

Everything I find is crap. They are ear buds (which hurt my ears), clip-ons (which hurt my ears), wrap-arounds (which hurt my ears), or those giant ones that you look ridiculous wearing (I have a pair that I use at home, but that doesn't do me much good. The sound quality is great, though). The closest thing I've found to what I want is a foldable pair. That one is the biggest slap in the face. I don't want those.

I just don't understand why I can't get a normal pair of headphones. Maybe I'm a grumpy old person stuck in my old ways, or maybe I'm a trendy indie kid that likes everything you don't.

Edited by Chameleon (see edit history)

Posted

I feel your pain. I love headphones like that. The ones I use are like that in fact. :)

Posted

Maybe because every type of headphones there are hurt your ears and you refuse to use.

Posted

Maybe because every type of headphones there are hurt your ears and you refuse to use.

Yeah, and the thing is when I complain to other people about this they agree with me. They say when they started using wrap-arounds and whatever it hurt their ears but they got used to it. Why would you want to get used to something that hurts? What's wrong with normal headphones anyway?

Posted (edited)

Try looking for wireless headphones, last time I checked, most headphones that came wireless were the head-band kind of ones you seem to be looking for.

then of course you have the problem of batteries / recharing though.

Edited by ZuZu (see edit history)

Posted

I've been looking for a new pair of normal headphones for months. They were hard to find before, but now I can't get them anywhere. I'm talking about the simple kind with the plastic band that goes over your head and the speakers rest on your ears (without going over them like those noise-canceling headphones).

Everything I find is crap. They are ear buds (which hurt my ears), clip-ons (which hurt my ears), wrap-arounds (which hurt my ears), or those giant ones that you look ridiculous wearing (I have a pair that I use at home, but that doesn't do me much good. The sound quality is great, though). The closest thing I've found to what I want is a foldable pair. That one is the biggest slap in the face. I don't want those.

I just don't understand why I can't get a normal pair of headphones. Maybe I'm a grumpy old person stuck in my old ways, or maybe I'm a trendy indie kid that likes everything you don't.

There are a lot here were i live.

Posted

Try looking for wireless headphones, last time I checked, most headphones that came wireless were the head-band kind of ones you seem to be looking for.

then of course you have the problem of batteries / recharing though.

I think they are usually kind of large, though. I just want one of those cheap, flimsy ones. I can't even find any pictures of it to show you. Literally all it consists of is speakers and just enough plastic to be useable.

Posted

Dollar Tree. 99 cent store. Best Buy. Walmart.

Posted

You can get em at walmart for $20. They are made by Sony. Or does the noise level at walmart hurt your ears?

Posted

Dollar Tree. 99 cent store. Best Buy. Walmart.

I checked Best Buy and Walmart several times and they don't have them. Haven't tried a dollar store though. I don't even know if there is one around here... Thanks for the suggestion.

You can get em at walmart for $20. They are made by Sony. Or does the noise level at walmart hurt your ears?

Those aren't the ones I want. And was that supposed to be an insult? Because that was just puppying retarded on so many levels. It's not the noise level that hurts my ears (I have no clue where you got that idea), it's the headphones themselves. In any case, that's a stupid thing to make fun of someone for.

Posted (edited)

YOU IDIOT GENIUS WITH YOUR IDIOT STUPID IDIOT EARS. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF.

Anyway, a USB pair with a microphone attached comes packaged with a purchase of Rosetta Stone software. Of course, they're useless if you want to plug them into a regular jack. And the mic is cumbersome. On the other hand, you pretty much get a new language for free.

When in doubt, though, eBay.

Edited by Ganondorf333 (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Anyway, a USB pair with a microphone attached comes packaged with a purchase of Rosetta Stone software. Of course, they're useless if you want to plug them into a regular jack. And the mic is cumbersome. On the other hand, you pretty much get a new language for free.

Why do you you give suggestions you know will not help me? :(

Edited by Chameleon (see edit history)

Posted

Everyone knows that Michelle thomas is the best way to learn the romantic languages.

And German.

Posted

Why do you you give suggestions you know will not help me? :(

A.)You are a puppying commie

B.)You whine and complain too much

Posted

What does that have to do with anything in this thread? warn increased.