Futuristic Zelda

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Zelda has never been about guns. Or airships, chocobos, or anything like it. One thing Zelda has been is unique. Each Zelda game has been completely different than the last. Would a futuristic Zelda be too far reaching, or would it be just what the series needs?

Posted

Its the same story told differently...

So you mean like steampunk Zelda, or "futuristic"? I don't like the idea of futuristic, and steampunk is too cliche and easily over done. Link as Kyle Reese, and Ganon as the Terminator, going back from Judgement day (Ganon's death in Ocarina) to find and protect Zelda, Sarah Connor, might make a half-way funny youtube poop.

Posted

No. The only video game character that is good enough to have guns, and still be one of the greastest games ever is Shadow. I mean sure Link has a gun, and I'm going to kill Ganon, or who ever in 1, or 2 hits. Not very fun.

Posted

No. The only video game character that is good enough to have guns, and still be one of the greastest games ever is Shadow. I mean sure Link has a gun, and I'm going to kill Ganon, or who ever in 1, or 2 hits. Not very fun.

I doubt they would let you kill him in 1 or 2 hits, but I can see how the battle would lose its epic feel if Link wasn't using a sword.

Posted

They obviously wouldn't make it realistic.

Even so, I don't think futuristic would be good as a console game (like for the Wii). Some people on Hyrule.net are developing a Gameboy-style-Zelda that is set in the future, which looks pretty good.

Adding a bit of steampunk things to the game would be pretty cool, though. There kind of already is some. I don't think having steampunk being game's schtick would be a good idea, though.

Posted

I've always wanted the inclusion of a mass transit system. Possibly like I don't know...A TRAIN.

So much faster than a horse.

Leave Epona for exploring, let me get from point A to point B as fast as I can.

Posted

I say no.

First off that would ruin the feel of Zelda. There would be no more castles. Use of horses. Needs of Bows and Swords.

It would be pulling A Final Fantasy on us if they did.

Posted

I say no.

First off that would ruin the feel of Zelda. There would be no more castles. Use of horses. Needs of Bows and Swords.

It would be pulling A Final Fantasy on us if they did.

Oh the irony of my post last night XD. Now what do we got, Spirit Tracks xD

Posted

I've always wanted the inclusion of a mass transit system. Possibly like I don't know...A TRAIN.

:'P

Posted

WW Link is a mailman, there's a train. Zelda is ruined.

Posted

Whinewhinedoggiepoomoan

As for the topic, I am one of the two that voted yes; I assume the other is Chamo. The rest of you need to think a bit harder.

Posted (edited)

I don't even remember what I voted. XD

I'm not totally closed to this idea, though. Zelda Future is good because it can be almost exactly the same as a normal GameBoy-style Zelda game – all that need to be done is change the environment and how the weapons look. The game mechanics would all be the same.

If this was done on a console it would need to be steam-punk, and it would end up being an entire hit or miss... I'm kind of iffy about it, but when you look around there are a lot of steam-punk elements in the game already (such as the cannon in TP).

Also, yes, Spirit Tracks looks pretty lame. I was laughing pretty hard when Link pops out from behind the train wearing a conductor's suit and hat.

Edited by Chameleon (see edit history)

Posted

Having the ability to warp to the future would be a cool idea, working it into the game play some how.. but i dont think the game should be totally based around that idea.

Posted

Having the ability to warp to the future would be a cool idea, working it into the game play some how.. but i dont think the game should be totally based around that idea.

What, like OoT?

I think it would really have to be a shtick to work well. If you are thrown back on forth into and out of the future it would ruin the atmosphere and definitely wouldn't be any good.

Posted

Good idea, but I think Star Wars kinda took care of it lol.