Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nintendo Gets Sued

39 posts in this topic

Posted

Nintendo has been sued by a company called Interlink Electronics for the rights to the B trigger on the bottom of the Wii remote.
------
Interlink Electronics claims that Nintendo has infringed its patent no. 6,850,221 for a "trigger operated electronic device." Here's the [url="http://hyrule.net/external.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcache.kotaku.com%2Fassets%2Fresources%2F2006%2F12%2FInterlinkvNintendo.pdf"], complete with, well, a lot more stuff about this than I could provide for you. And, for those of you who don't want to read it, there are diagrams of Interlink Electronics' device about halfway through. It doesn't look much like a Wii remote, does it? But that doesn't change the issue, does it?.... <_< (Source of information: http://www.playfuls.com/news_8600_Sue_You_Nintendo.html[/url])

Posted

actually it does look a bit like a wiimote, but the whole thing is being put to an entirely different use...

Posted

WOOOOOOW BIG DEAL :angry: . It doesn't matter. I don't thing that Nintendo were stealing there ideas. NO WAY. I hope they will win there case any way. :huh:

Posted

no way Nintendo stole that idea it was their own from the beginning remeber the Z-trigger anyone?(back of N64 remote)

Posted

Interlink is just trying to get some easy money with that...

Posted

Pft. XD From what I skimmed, it looks like this other company's patend is only good in Deleware, so the only reason Nintendo's being sued is because Wiimotes are being bought in Deleware. Of all the places to be sued by! XD;;

Posted

:unsure: What will happen to the Wii remote then?

Posted

Nintendo will not lose this fight because Interlink Electronics is an no one company all they are trying to do is made some easy money by stealing it from a big shot like Nintendo.Next on there list is Microsoft and then Sony as well.After that they will be trying to steal money from us people who work or from moms and dads who give there kids money for helping them out around the house for 1 to 10 dollars each week or 2.I know most of you guys won't stand for it.I know i won't but i don't live where that company is at so i can't do a thing about it.

Posted

[quote name='Hype40' post='20550' date='Dec 13 2006, 06:09 PM']:unsure: What will happen to the Wii remote then?[/quote]

If this other company wins the battle, then Nintendo will have to pay royalties. That's a lot of money in the long run. But as was previously stated, the patent is apparently only in Deleware. So I guess that means Nintendo looses out on 100K?

Posted

Wow, that is confusing. But we all gotta let some patents go. And just let some ride through. That's the patent world!

Posted

considering the lawyers nintendo can and will hire, i dont think there's much to worry about.

i just wonder why the court case has come about NOW, after the release of the Wii? when it should have been done and dealt with before? i would've thought they'd have heard about the Wii-mote's capabilities back in the design / production stages.

Posted

Screw Interlink! I'm with Nintendo, and believe that they wouldnt steal any ideas! :angry:

Posted

Thw wii remote is a new and original product. I admit it looks abit like the remote controll on the picture, but it also looks like any other remote control.
Nintendo wont have any problams winning this.

Posted

[quote name='pitathehero' post='20532' date='Dec 14 2006, 03:15 AM']no way Nintendo stole that idea it was their own from the beginning remeber the Z-trigger anyone?(back of N64 remote)[/quote]

Yeah, Your right.

Posted

This is a load of bull crap! :angry: People nowadays will do anything to make a few bucks! I trust Nintendo. This is one of the reasons I've always bought systems and games from them. Nintendo did NOT steal any ideas from anybody! They never have!